Michigan & Beer (Read 586 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Scout, you need to join the Drinkers With a Running Problem group. I've always considered you a wise voice with regards to training questions, but it's clear that you have other areas of expertise as well.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

6 years standing behind that large wooden slab....I learned a few things here and there.
        Scout, you need to join the Drinkers With a Running Problem group. I've always considered you a wise voice with regards to training questions, but it's clear that you have other areas of expertise as well.
        *LOL* He has to prove it first. Big grin

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*LOL* He has to prove it first. Big grin
          I'd say this watermelon trick proves it to me...
          ...Another good trick is to take a big watermelon, cut a hole, stick a bottle of vodka in the hole, and leave it go till the vodka all drains into the melon. MMMMMMMM....

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'd say this watermelon trick proves it to me...
            Okay, you're right, that seems like enough- although a funny drinking story would be a nice addition to the proof. Tongue

Michelle

Scout7

Define "funny".
                Define "funny".
                Check out the other stories in the Drinkers With a Running Problem group - to give you an idea.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Define "funny".
                  One man's funny is another woman's offensive, but here's two of mine: this one another one

One man's funny is another woman's offensive, but here's two of mine: this one another one
                    Good ones!

Michelle

Mishka-old log

Drinking and running...good times. Last fall, I went back to campus to catch a football game. A bunch of my college buddies were in town for the weekend and we did what we were basically required to do...drank our faces off. We left the first bar half in the bag and decided it would be a great idea to run (we all ran track in school) to the next one. It was only 1/2 mile between bars. I tore down the road ahead of everyone exclaiming something about a drunken half-mile PR. I got about half-way, and noticed something shiny out of the corner of my eye. I didn't know what it was, but I had to have it. I veered off the sidewalk with my arms outstretched, and the next moment I was laying flat on the ground. I held in my hands exactly what I was reaching for, a laminated price sign for a beer trailer. Then I noticed blood dripping on the sign...I'd slammed my head on the beer trailer on the way down. One of my buddies used his quick goat thinking, and pulled off one of his t-shirts to stop the bleeding. There was still drinking to be done. Everyone gave their expert opinions on whether stitches were necessary with the majority answer being "no", and the minority being small enough to ignore. The bleeding was under control within 10 or 15 minutes and we were in the next bar. I still have a beer trailer-shaped spot on my head that doesn't hair.
                      Scout7

Drinking stories.... Well, there was the time I was drinking out of an old boot. Or the time we dared one of our friends to jump off the 10 meter platform at the outdoor pool. Then there was the time we had out own Oktoberfest celebration, and I have a lovely scar on my hand as a souvenir. The whole breaking in the Stetson....The time I stood in front of our Lt. Colonel with a six pack holder on my head, and sang "Ding! Fries Are Done".....
                          Hmmmmmmmm sounds interesting Scout Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Yes, well, I have a few stories here and there, I suppose.
                              I would of LOVED to see you with the 6 pack holder singing in front of the LT. Col

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

I would of LOVED to see you with the 6 pack holder singing in front of the LT. Col
                                Yeah, that one was one of those, "Well, I'm either completely ruining what chances I had at a career, or I'm winning some serious cool points. Too late to turn back now..." sort of deals. Fortunately, our Squadron CO at the time was a pretty cool guy, and enjoyed it immensely. That, plus it was Stable Call, it was only E6 and above, and we were allowed to act stupid. Some just acted much stupider than others.