Adventures in Driving. AKA: RA Car Talk. (Read 895 times)

Menace to Sobriety

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263050

I did a little poking around the web and found numerous instances of this condition with the Sienna. (Slow day at work). Attached is link to one possible solution. The A/C doesn't have to be broken for this to occur, but apparently the drain line can get plugged and the condensate gets trapped and funky. It still could be a dead critter, too, but the link describes a pretty simple fix if its the evaporator.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Going to the mechanic in Maple Wisconsin on Friday.  The truth is out there.

Or, er, in there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It was:

a

mouse!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Poor little guy.

Menace to Sobriety

Its always nice when its the cheaper fix.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A few months back I had the same problem in my 97 camry.  Yep, mouse.  My grandmother used to have major mouse issues in her car, she had a new house built in a field and all the field mice decided her car was a pretty sweet crash pad.  Honestly, she got mice caught in her blower motor like 6 or 7 times a year.  They also found her trunk and the liner on the top of the car particularly inviting.

BTW, the place where the mouse actually gets chopped up in the blower motor is called a squirrel cage.  No joke.  And what's super fun is that generally, to access the squirrel cage, you need to get under the glove compartment, so your face is less than a foot away from it when you open 'er up.  Nothing like decomposed crushed mouse six inches from your nose on a hot day.

2009 Goals:
              PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
              Run a 10K
              Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
              Complete my first Sprint Tri

Prince of Fatness

Unless, of course, you're the mouse.

Not at it at all. 

Menace to Sobriety

Unless, of course, you're the mouse.

It's always a bad deal for stowaways.

You'll ruin your knees!

Really?  You can fix a dead mouse?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Menace to Sobriety

Really?  You can fix a dead mouse?

Death is the ultimate fix.

These guys are entertaining, even if you're not into cars or from Boston. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

It was:

a

mouse!

So where was the mouse? inside the passenger cabin or in the air intake?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Air intake, right near the fan.