break-through diet (Read 1000 times)

Wow, he counted calories, ate less, and exercised more. The result was weight loss. Who could have imagined such unexpected results? Man counted calories, watched the pounds go
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOW-CALORIE DAY Here's an example of a typical day in Sujit Bhattacharya's diet: Morning: glass of low-fat milk with Nestle Quik (150 calories) Exercise: Lemonade and Gatorade afterward (50 calories) Late morning: snack of a piece of fruit (75 calories) Lunch: lean piece of chicken with two vegetables and rice (500 calories) Late-afternoon: snack of Healthy Choice fudge bars (90 calories) Dinner: spaghetti with a meatball or two (500 calories) Night: bowl of cereal like Froot Loops (150 to 200 calories) TOTAL: 1,515 to 1,565 calories Personally...I'd rather eat the same calories in the form of healthy foods. His diet looks poor...looks like a recipe for blood sugar issues and malnutrition. That is a helluvalot of processed sugar and prepackaged garbage. It's a shame that CNN would pat this guy on the back when there are thousands of people who lose weight by cutting calories and do so eating healthy food. Their publicizing of his poor eating only serves to promote eating garbage to lose weight. At what expense to a person's overall health? Anyone can lose weight eating anything if they cut their calories enough. Where are the whole grains? Where is the healthy fat...what about some more protein and more veggies and fruits (3 servings is at least 2 shy of what is recommended)? I can't think of any healthy, balanced diet that would encourage lemonade, Gatorade, Nestle Quik, fudge bars, and Froot Loops all in a single day.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Personally...I'd rather eat the same calories in the form of healthy foods. His diet looks poor...looks like a recipe for blood sugar issues and malnutrition. That is a helluvalot of processed sugar and prepackaged garbage. It's a shame that CNN would pat this guy on the back when there are thousands of people who lose weight by cutting calories and do so eating healthy food. Their publicizing of his poor eating only serves to promote eating garbage to lose weight. At what expense to a person's overall health? Anyone can lose weight eating anything if they cut their calories enough. Where are the whole grains? Where is the healthy fat...what about some more protein and more veggies and fruits (3 servings is at least 2 shy of what is recommended)? I can't think of any healthy, balanced diet that would encourage lemonade, Gatorade, Nestle Quik, fudge bars, and Froot Loops all in a single day. .
        +1 on that! It's really an awful diet...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
            lol this is what I am trying to do I swear! But I love the 100 calorie packs of chips. I can limit myself to one (and not every day) and I still get a "treat"

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Along for the Ride

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
              Trent, I had to think of your posts just now at the grocery store. I actually do two shopping trips now: Safeway for everyday stuff and Town and Country for produce and dairy (a lot from local farmers). Farmers market on Saturdays is the next step. But the item in question is plain yogurt. The stuff from Safeway gets all weird and tastes chalky and runny and processed somehow. The "same" lowfat plain yogurt (Nancy's honey yogurt) at Town and Country seems to be way less processed and has the typical tart yogurt taste. Cut up a fresh peach from the same source and spoon some yogurt over it ... I know, I could be making my own. You have to give me some time to adjust here! Wink

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can you find Stoneyfield Farm?

Along for the Ride

Can you find Stoneyfield Farm?
                  They carry that at Town and Country too. Even better than Nancy's?

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is pretty good. BTW, I just spent about 42 seconds making my next batch of yogurt. About 12 seconds to pour the milk into a pan over a low flame, and another 30 to pour it into jars two hours later, add some old yogurt, and stick it in a low warm oven. Tomorrow morn, yogurt! Big grin

Along for the Ride

I liked this ... Drive safely. Use turn signal. Not finger. and this reminded me of my favorite hair bands of the 90's... what happened to all these sexy men with big hair, tight pants, awesome guitar riffs and humongous ego's??! Wear clothes. Not too many. Mostly spandex. But then again .... Spend time. On useful things. Not this.

Oh Mighty Wing

really they were very good! Funny thing about all those plants - I find I have to eat many of them with other things. Like banana and peanutbutter, raw veggies with my sandwich. Otherwise I either get an upset stomach or get hungry really really fast... but guess that's why he says Mostly Plants.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Man counted calories, watched the pounds go
                          This would be a great story for a feature called "This Week in Duh," that I'd like to see on TV news programs. Envision your favorite anchor reading the above headline, turning to face the other camera, and saying, "Duh!" He/she would then proceed on to the next news story with no further comment.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

running yogi

They carry that at Town and Country too. Even better than Nancy's?
                            Nancy's is good too, my favorite is Brown Cow. I agree that diet is not heathy at all and he claims it is better than his last diet. Wonder what that was like. I lost weight by switching to real food and regular exercise(slow running, yoga and pilates), not so much calories. I joined a local CSA and conciously made a decision not to buy anything in a package. The result ? My 2 year old asks for cheese, yogurt ,boiled eggs or fruit for a snack. They were roasting fresh corn at our CSA pick up yesterday, my daughter ate a whole corn clean and she is not a big eater. I was so proud - of myself Wink Oh yeah and the 20lb I lost. I am a toned size 2 now ! I can't seem to get rid of my baby poochy though. Any ideas ?