Any schmo can run a marathon (Read 1395 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hahaha, leg warmers. Big grin
    Indeed! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great! Once again, I'm an underachiever... Roll eyes TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

she runs like a girl

For the first time ever I am grateful for my stubby toes! Big grin
        2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
        wildchild

Carolyn

Another great quote from the story: "This explains why they don't run the Iditarod in August." You don't think it's because dog sleds are easier to use in the snow? Roll eyes

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Eat, Play, Run

"Even middle-aged college professors can run at a speed that's above the trot-gallop transition of most animals," Lieberman says. Cripes. Did they have to use this as their barometer? Angry
            I was thinking the same thing!

Eat, Play, Run

In Europe it's the SI unit of running speed. In fact I think there's a middle-aged college professor kept in a climate controlled vault in Paris with which other middle-aged college professors can be calibrated. John (I heard`today that I got tenure so I am now, officially a middle-aged college professor).
              Let me add my congrats - from one newly-tenured professor to another! Big grin