I am SO done with 2008, already! (Read 908 times)

The contrarian speaks up... Ha! I am closing in on 1500. Just 50 miles to go. I will hit it pretty much on the nail. So, 2008 is full of promise! Yet...I didn't BQ this year. I didn't BQ last year. Cripes, another year, no BQ. I've been running for 4 years now -- I want my BQ! Angry Zoom-zoom, we need to plot our revenge marathons. Revenge marathons are fun.

325th place or bust!

I was really happy with 2008 - building up mileage and preparing for my first half-marathon in 6 weeks. Then suddenly, IT Band issues struck... Sad Fortunately, it's still minor so I'm hoping I'll still be able to run that race (it's a big race in my home city). Come on 2009!

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-zoom, we need to plot our revenge marathons. Revenge marathons are fun.
        I am...was going to wait until Fall, but screw that...I want revenge NOW...or ASAP. So I'm looking at a late May race AND the Fall one, too. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Todd, I hope you get some answers. Definitely report back when you find something out. What does it cost to have that kind of assessment done?
          Still need to get my treadmill run analyzed but the physio lady analyzed me for about 45 min. Geez, just about every test known to man and all positions on table, walking, standing, balancing - you name it. Even had to take my shirt off. Big grin Still need to meet with her for final prescription/analysis. But right now, some clear issues are very tight deep hip flexor muscles. Also, I do not rotate when I walk. Weird. She said it isn't normal. So I have a few things to go on but I was expecting a greater anterior tilt of pelvis but she said it was minor but needs correction. Elsewise flexibility, strength and mobility of all other muscles were good. Very valuable and should learn more when she analyzes my running.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

All I know is that '86 was a bad year for me."
            haha, I was born in '86... Evil grin
              I'm ready for 09 i guess but 08 was my intro to running so i'm pretty pleased with that. Just wish i would have found this site sooner. I'm definitly looking forward to trying my goals though.
              2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October

Maggie & Molly

I'm totally ready for 09 - 08 was not a good running year for me. Injuries, laziness, work, life = not many miles at all.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Outside Lane

Anyone else feel this way? I hit my mileage goal a couple of weeks early...time to '86 this shit and get on with '09... Tongue
                  Not me - I still have about 9.3 to hit my goal of 500 (measley compared to most of you, I know - but a goal for me nonetheless). I hope to run my first marathon in 2009 (late 2009!). I did a HM this year (my first) and petered out a bit after that (I really made the mistake of trying to ramp up miles too quickly - and ended up really cutting back) - but I have started to pick it up again and am just trying to build consistency and slowly uping my MPW. So congrats to you for hitting all your 2008 goals - congrats on your first marathon! - and please cheer on us back-of-the-packers still trying to hit their 2008 goals Smile

See how they run...