Funny Health/Fitness-related Irony (Read 987 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ha! Hey, we have a river here. Roll eyes
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, Maine is a light house dreamland. I'd have to go up there for a month and live on a boat to do it right. There are sooooo many great lights up there!!
      MI still has more, though...but I agree that Maine's are prettier. We have too much sand and it all starts to look the same after a while. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I dunno. MI has a whole bunch. Lots and lots. But start surfing the Maine map. I think they may yet have more. modified to add: nope, never mind. MI has way more. I counted...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

modified to add: nope, never mind. MI has way more. I counted...
          Yup, we have more coastline, so we have to have more lighthouses to go with it. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Coastline, I dunno. If you count the myriad isles off the Maine coast, they may still have more coastline...
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I guess Alaska has the most coastline, we come in second, but have the most *freshwater* coastline: mi.gov The scary thing is that other parts of the country with poor water management and pollution issues want to start siphoning off of the Great Lakes, which could do irreperable damage to lake levels and local ecology. k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

Hmmm...I guess Alaska has the most coastline, we come in second, but have the most *freshwater* coastline: mi.gov k
                Hmmm....I don't want to start an inter-state rumble, but according to the link you sent, Michigan has a coastline of 3288 miles. Maine has a coastline of 3478 miles, excluding islands http://nationalatlas.gov/articles/mapping/a_general.html. Strangely enough Florida, http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/50sq_program/states/index.cfm?flash=yes&state=FL Maine, and Michigan all seem to, on one web site or another, have the 2nd longest coastline in the country. Michigan definitely has the longest freshwater length. I'm kind of confused now. Confused

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm....I don't want to start an inter-state rumble, but according to the link you sent, Michigan has a coastline of 3288 miles. Maine has a coastline of 3478 miles, excluding islands http://nationalatlas.gov/articles/mapping/a_general.html. Strangely enough Florida, http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/50sq_program/states/index.cfm?flash=yes&state=FL Maine, and Michigan all seem to, on one web site or another, have the 2nd longest coastline in the country. Michigan definitely has the longest freshwater length. I'm kind of confused now. Confused
                  Huh...that is weird. I wonder if some of the stats include inland lakes coastlines? MI has more inland lakes since MI, so that could add a lot of coastline...but I always think of coastline that creates a "border" for a state, not coastline within a state's land borders. Maybe some of the trivia questions re: longest coastline are worded poorly, too, and should include "freshwater." Amazing the differing results a google search for "state with longest coastline" comes up with. k

~ Sarah Kay