Neck gaiter article (Read 185 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes for sure, isolated places are best at least for me. But I don’t have the luxury of time to investigate.

what’s out and back?

U mean back and forth on the same stretch?

Yes, run the same section over & over.

In the mornings, I've been using the parking lot at the local elementary school since they aren't in session. I take the paved parking lot and a guy runs around the fields. I can make a 1/2 mile loop out of the parking lot, bus loop and senior center parking.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Yes, run the same section over & over.

In the mornings, I've been using the parking lot at the local elementary school since they aren't in session. I take the paved parking lot and a guy runs around the fields. I can make a 1/2 mile loop out of the parking lot, bus loop and senior center parking.

When I travel to random remote suburban locations, I like to find the nearest shopping mall and do a loop of that.  Those are well lit and often patrolled at all hours, so they seem like the safest option for a woman running by herself in a strange place.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

When I travel to random remote suburban locations, I like to find the nearest shopping mall and do a loop of that.  Those are well lit and often patrolled at all hours, so they seem like the safest option for a woman running by herself in a strange place.

Yep! Many are about a 1-mile loop, which is not bad. And if running early AM, no traffic. It would probably be tough later in the day, since people drive in mall parking lots like no rules apply.

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

I've honestly found residential areas to be some of the best areas to run combined with adjusting the time of day I run. Most people working from home aren't going to be outside doing much around 11:30am or even 9:45 am whereas in March/April it was THE WORST time to be out because the weather was nice, and parents wanted their kids to burn off some energy. Locally our schools are all open so running the parking lot isn't much of a big deal, and I also live near one of the less population dense areas in my area code.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22