Thanks Trent (and all the others that responded) (Read 626 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/85d28353b0cd4a888be31dce819c63fc I've had an Echocardiogram, Holter monitoring, and am due for a stress test in March. It Dr. says that it's most likely a PVC due to stress and lack of sleep. DR. assured me that they can be scary, but normal. The pounding in my chest still happens. The coolest thing was seeing the output of the holter... lowest heart rate: 35bpm. Longest time between beats 2.3seconds. 87600 beats recorded. 635 ventricular abnormalities ,35 superventricular. This has been quite an ordeal, but glad that I have a diagnosis. Thanks to all that responded and encouraged me to see a Dr.!!!

http://xkcd.com/621/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Run the race God set B4U

I have dealt with the same thing for about 3 years now. It was very scary at first but, My Cardiologist insisted that everything was normal. I just ignore them now when I actually take time to notice them. I have noticed that since I have been off of cafeine for the last 21 days, I have not felt them at all. Sometimes I won't for a few weeks even months. But when they come back I just think...Oh well. Just go back for your check ups and listen to your Dr. If all your tests come back normal, don't worry. Smile
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

De-slacking in progress

Had them too at one time- was burning the candle at both ends for years. Once I got my life prioritized the problem went "away". My sister had them also. Cardiologist wanted me on drugs, etc- I said no thanks. I went through all the same test as you did.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah - I get PVC's when I'm under a lot of stress and am taking caffeine. Remove one of those two factors and I'm fine. But they don't mix well for me. Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

What is meant by PVC? As in what does it stands for, because from the description of your post it sounded like you had palpitations. Are we talking the same thing or did you have something different?

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."