Starting my 10k virtual (Read 49 times)

Gizmo2019

The smoke mostly cleared and I’m on day 3 of training. It’s going well so far but I lost 2 weeks of training due to wildfire smoke.

my goal is under 1hour (last year was 1H5min)

a few questions...I uploaded my plan..it’s slightly diFferent in that I’m using Hal Higdons intermediate plan and increased my long run miles.

last year I used a treadmill for everything but long rund

last year I had to skip my taper week

this year is all road runninh

how the heck do I force myself to be consistent with tempo runs?!!

much harder without a belt forcing you to keep pace.

how do I get my basic soleus watch to record a tempo or interval run? I’m very not tech savvy and it’s not a smart watch.

it has a “chrono” and a “Timer” option. The timer has an indoor or gps option. It says to set your segment.

normally I just use the “run” feature with gps to get my time, pace, speed, miles, and each lap (1 mile). Today for my tempo I didn’t have enough time to play with it so I used “run” and set a timer in my iPhone separately 3 times during my run after each time was complete (i.e. 40 min tempo = 15 min Easy, 15, medium, 10 min Easy), but I must have paused my phone bc I had 2 min left and it was still at 14 min 🤦‍♀️. So I ended up running 40. Sucked today bc I don’t feel like I was fast enough for the middle portion..I slowed due to fatigue 😓

Gizmo2019

I just compared my runs from last year. I was a lot faster with more recent experience.

im not sure I’ll beat my time esply after losing 2 weeks

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I just compared my runs from last year. I was a lot faster with more recent experience.

im not sure I’ll beat my time esply after losing 2 weeks

No comparing to last year. As my DH said, 2020 is an island surrounded by sharks with lasers on their heads. I created a category on my log for virtual races. It keeps them separate bc they are not the same thing.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Gizmo2019

No comparing to last year. As my DH said, 2020 is an island surrounded by sharks with lasers on their heads. I created a category on my log for virtual races. It keeps them separate bc they are not the same thing.

Very smart!

I ended up quitting tho...injury 🤷🏻‍♀️ I need to work on my base miles....