Health Note and International Support (Read 2257 times)

eric :)

Good morning everyone! I just uploaded another batch of updates. You now can create a health note with the following information: - weight - heart rate (you use it for morning HR, or any other time) - hours of sleep - daily calories If you want to record something else, just let me know. I'm debating if I should add blood pressure as well. I realized that this information could potentially be very sensitive, so I added a "Private entry" checkbox (right below the date). When it is checked, only you will see this note. It will not be visible (not even in the calendar view). It overrides your log settings. In other words, if you create a private entry, it will not be displayed even if you have a public log. The other major feature is much better international support. You now can search for maps in your own country. Right now, everything defaults to the United States. To change your country, go to Options (upper right hand corner of every page), click "Locale Settings", then select your country. Once you specify your country, all the places that allow you to specify a country will be defaulted to your own country. Your country will also be used as the default starting location on the map instead of the US. I also made some minor improvements to the elevation charts. The elevations should now be easier to read. It's kind of late, so I probably don't make much sense right now. I'm sure there are items that I forgot to mention. Please play with it and let me know of any bugs. I've done some testing, but I'm sure I didn't find all the bugs so please be patient. We can work out the kinks together. eric Smile
      Eric rocks!
      Funk71

Big grin Big grin Nice one Eric. Thanks
        Kid

Thank you.
            This is great - thank you! Big grin
            Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Cool! I was looking and looking and looking for this under the "new run entry" function - I thought it'd be an expansion of what you already have there - the weight and HR. Finally the lightbulb comes on and I find it as a seperate thing. Oh! Yes That'll work nicely! Thanks!

Roads were made for journeys...

depugh

Smile Thanks for a great site Is it possible to have a wind speed / direction section as this makes a difference to my running and cycling times regards David England

Is it possible to have a wind speed / direction section as this makes a difference to my running and cycling times
                  depugh, I'm somewhat hesitant to put in what you suggested because the log itself is getting more complex for the user. It's already walking a fine line between having too much information. I'm considering a new layout so that the log can have a basic and advance mode to reduce information overflow. Once I decide on the scheme, I'll definitely put in more weather info for the advanced mode. eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Amazing, simply amazing...You absolutely ROCK, Eric... If you would add a checkbox as to whether I was having a good or bad hair day, you might just be the next Nobel Prize winner! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

cmiles45

First of all this site ROCKS!!! On your Health Note, would it be possible to add total Carbs, Protein, and Fat grams in addition to the daily calories?
                      bas

Good morning everyone! <...> The other major feature is much better international support. You now can search for maps in your own country. It's kind of late, so I probably don't make much sense right now. I'm sure there are items that I forgot to mention. Please play with it and let me know of any bugs. I've done some testing, but I'm sure I didn't find all the bugs so please be patient. We can work out the kinks together. eric Smile</...>
                        Hi Eric, International support to the maps rocks! Now the map feature is really all I wanted it to be. Thanks once more! BTW, Google doesn't seem to have checked their maps very well. When you go to the map of Amsterdam, Netherlands (my home town) you will see to the west the word 'Kindereiland' and to the east the word 'vuurtoren' in the same size as the name 'Amsterdam' itself. This is kind of funny, because 'kindereiland' means 'children's island' (a playground in a park) and 'vuurtoren' means lighthouse... But I'm not complaining. Now I can chart a run all the way from the kindereiland to the vuurtoren if I want to Smile Bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Hi Eric, International support to the maps rocks! Now the map feature is really all I wanted it to be. Thanks once more! BTW, Google doesn't seem to have checked their maps very well. When you go to the map of Amsterdam, Netherlands (my home town) you will see to the west the word 'Kindereiland' and to the east the word 'vuurtoren' in the same size as the name 'Amsterdam' itself. This is kind of funny, because 'kindereiland' means 'children's island' (a playground in a park) and 'vuurtoren' means lighthouse... But I'm not complaining. Now I can chart a run all the way from the kindereiland to the vuurtoren if I want to Smile Bas
                          Greetings Bas! I'm just happy that you don't have to buy a penthouse in Manhattan anymore just to use the maps! On the other hand, maybe you should buy that penthouse. I could always need a place to stay when I visit New York ;-)

Amazing, simply amazing...You absolutely ROCK, Eric... If you would add a checkbox as to whether I was having a good or bad hair day, you might just be the next Nobel Prize winner! Lynn B
                            Lynn, I'm probably tossing out my chance of getting that Nobel Prize by saying that this is a running log and not the hair club for men Clowning around

First of all this site ROCKS!!! On your Health Note, would it be possible to add total Carbs, Protein, and Fat grams in addition to the daily calories?
                              This is probably belongs in a diet journal. If there are other people that are interested in this kind of detail, then I'll add it to the health note for now and migrate it over in the future. If not, I rather hold off on it to reduce information overload. eric Smile
                                Great! Can you add support in the advanced graph to display amount of sleep?