Running with a newborn - input needed (Read 1851 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Have you considered a SpiBelt?  You really can fit more things in them than you think.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

superspike113

Freckle face

I was debating between the BOB Revolution and the BabyJogger SummitXC, however I went with a Chariot Cougar because my neighbor was selling one with all the bells and whistles at a nice discount. I don't regret my decision at all. I started running with my son at 10 weeks- I used the infant sling attachment and bought an aftermarket head support thing at walmart. I would also add extra support to his neck by rolling up a burprag and putting it behind his neck. Starting running with him so young got him used to it and made it a routine thing and now he loves it. In the wintertime I would snug him up inside a JJCole Bundleme, if it was extra cold I'd put a hot water bottle under his feet. Kiddo is now 2 and asks me to go for runs at 5:30 am.

The things I love about the Chariot and why I would choose it over a BOB or Babyjogger again-

Built in weather screen- don't have to shell out $70 for a rain shield.

Enclosed design keeps kids from throwing their crap out of the stroller during your run and eliminates stops to retrieve discarded items.

Multi-sport compatibility-  I have a bike trailer attachment as well as the jogging attachments. Strolling wheels, hiking, and XC skiing attachments are available as well.

Huge, easily accessible cargo pockets makes the stroller a rolling aid-station. Plenty of room to keep toys/books in the weatherproof pockets as well

That being said, I don't travel with the chariot, ever, because its huge. You have to pop all the wheels off and remove the front axle to collapse it down where it will fit in your trunk. That's ok, because I have a $40 umbrella stroller or Ergo carrier that works great when we are out and about or traveling.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07