1st award in19 years! (Read 522 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Macon 5k. Ran this race last year in 25 something finished 4th in age group. I wanted to me in relative good condition this year. I have been training only aerobically for the last 7 weeks to build endurance. I was hoping to go under 24:00. Last year 3 in AG was 24:15. I worked last night and did not get to bed until after 3 am. Up at 4:50 because the race was about 75 miles away. My back was twitching a little. Decided to go for a time of 25:41 / 8:18 pace which a took from a race predictor chart. Started slow to test the back and since I had not done a pace over 13:00 in 7 weeks. 1st mile 7:57 2nd mile 7:23 3rd mile 7:19 .1 mile :11 22:52 Does the Garmin 305 go into auto stop in tunnels. The last mile was off by :30 from the clock and 0.06 miles off from race distance. I checked with some club members and there times matched the clock. I had :30 in the pause section of the 305 and 2 gaps( blank space) on the course map. Now I need to find a good space to display my trophy! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

chuckstone

Great job! It must have felt good to be able to keep picking up the pace. You must have been passing people alot, especially in the last mile. Don't know about the garmin things, but you did good. Chuck

Half Fanatic #846

Congrats on a good job and award!! Big grin I don't have a garmin, but have read that garmin automatically readjusts for true distance once you're out of a tunnel and pick up the signal again (a recalibration based on satellite repositioning) - maybe someone will confirm this ... Bill Cool

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the Garmin does do weird things under overpasses and through tunnels, but the final time *should* be pretty accurate. Nice job, Clay! You got a real trophy? Man, I got a 3rd place AG award back in March and only got a lame little medal. WTG! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats on the race! Do you the Auto Pause turned on? If so, turn it off. With it turned off, I've found that it must do some kind of auto correct thing as havanarnr suggests.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congrats on your award and a great race. That is most impressive! Smile
                Congratulations for you! Esp. w/ the work & no sleep.

A Saucy Wench

Turn off the autopause feature and then the time will be accurate even if the distance is not.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Congratulations on the new PR and for your placement finish.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WILL SEND A PICTURE IF I EVER LEARN HOW!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/