What is the Coldest Temp You Will Run Outside in? (Read 1001 times)

12-week layoff

Have you tried riding the bike on a treadmill? No need to thank me, I'm here to help.
    I'm sure no one else in the gym would have complaints about the pipes and the exhaust. Great idea!
      Distance will factor into the decision. If I'm only doing 3-5 easy miles, I may go the dreadmill route if it's bitterly cold. But there is no temperature cold enough to make me do a long run on a dreadmill. Past 5 miles, I'd likely start taking hostages or something.

uncontrollable

zero to 100 is my range zero - attire is pretty much covering everything but my eyeballs 100 - attire is almost none

peace

I live in Michigan. All of the above, and below... Big grin
          mdmccat

De-slacking in progress

Today was my first official "coldest "day 5 degrees with -8 windchill and occasional strong gust here and there.About a 6 mile run with icy/snowy country roads. It was also the coldest run my transplanted Texan bother has run in so it was a record for both of us. He didn't wuss out- still has too much Ohio cold weather redneck in him. He enjoyed it also. I was still all sweaty underneath when I got home. I rather enjoyed the run. Had a full face mask toboggan on at the start but it was too hard sucking oxygen through the material- once I got warmed up I ended up just rolling it all up into a regular toboggan hat. It's suppose to be warmer Confused the rest of the week so I'll have to wait awhile to break my coldest run record.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

My genera rule is that if I blink and my eyes freeze shut, then I cut the run short. I've run in sub-zero (f) temperatures with moderate wind before, although I certainly prefer it a bit warmer. I keep myself nice and toasty; it was 2° for Sunday's run (5° average temperature) and I cut that run short when I stopped being able to see due to the snow.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

325th place or bust!

So far my coldest temperature I will run in is 38 - which is what the thermometer read this morning when I went out. Brrrr! (Hey, it's Southern California!) It's almost never below the mid-40's here, even in the winter, so I've not really figured out what to wear when it's below that.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

dfffff

Coldest run I ever did was 14.5 miles with a -25F windchill. It was a bit unpleasant because the wind was howling but I'd do it again. Not sure how much colder than that I'd do.
                    I've done 15 with below zero W/C. I was totally unprepared--thin tights and thin gloves. I agree that preparation will allow you to go in any temps. But, generally, when it's below 20 w/ any wind, it suddenly becomes a 'cross-training day'. Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Zero Degrees F with 30-50 mph gusts. I have run 5 miles in that twice. I don't mind it except I get too warm trying to protect my skin/lungs from the wind. Best run I ever had was a 14 mile run in 10F-no wind. I was only suppose to run 10 miles that day but it was just too nice to stop.
                        Last week I ran 8 miles in 6 degree with -1 wind chill. It was cold but I had the right clothes on, so I really didnt get too cold. My beard kinda froze up into a giant ice beard. I could handle somewhat colder weather though.