Winter Running Pants? Links appreciated. (Read 115 times)

I'm looking for some men's winter running pants...

the only ones I have are 20 years old,insulated Adidas kind....that make the swooshy sound... lol.

If someone has a link to any on amazon or other.... that would help.

I found a couple on there, but saw fleece lined windproof for cycling/running, wondering if those would be too warm...

Mostly looking for something in the 20-40degree weather with perhaps some wind...blocking ability.

I know another post mentioned windproof underwear or shorts? if anyone has a recommendation for those, please link.

PS- have a 5k Saturday and wondering if I should run in a lighter weight pant than what I'm looking for above.... the others I havearen't really warm/ insulated at all and don't block the wind either.

Thanks!

300m- 37 sec.

an amazing likeness

My all-time favorite pants (and tops) for winter are Sporthill. More expensive than some, but they last and they're really, really comfortable. For the temps you're mentioning I use the Voyage model mostly, and the 3SP model at the colder end. They also make a wind blocking pant, but I've not tried them.

Your other question was about wind briefs; take a look at these Sugoi .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I no longer live in a cold weather climate, so most of my gear is kind of old.

My legs don't get too cold - I'm in shorts down to about 30. I have C9 running pants which at the time were sold by Target. Much cheaper than a lot of the more famous brand names, but they worked great for me and held up just fine. I wore them from below 30 down to single digits and I never felt too warm or too cold. They are pretty lightweight; of course how cold you tend to get is a personal thing, some people like heavier ones.

https://www.amazon.com/C9-Champion-Lightweight-Training-Charcoal/dp/B07TYZYZ9N/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07TTNFNL9&th=1&psc=1

Wind blocking undies are a must for the dudes. Mine are from Brooks but I don't see that they're still available. These are from Sugoi, maybe the same ones MT posted. On sale at RW through tomorrow!

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Sugoi_Mens_MidZero_Wind_Boxer/descpage-SMMZWF.html

Dave

John Wood

What milktruck said. Sport hill. I’ve used them for decades. When it gets real cold windy and wet, I add a layer of thin wind/water proof pants on top. Currently I use zoot for that, but it looks like they no longer make those.

dumrunner

I just got a pair of Path Projects Killam pants. I haven't run in them yet but have walked in them quite a bit and I like them a lot. They aren't insulated though. Path Projects also sells synthetic liner shorts that I like too. But my favorite liners are wool underwear for cold days under those pants or tights.

The ultimate and much copied Sporthill XC.

These will last longer than YOU (I still have a pair from when Jim was first making them and having us try them out)

https://www.sporthill.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnaeNBhCUARIsABEee8V0UdA93JLbw2zrd7eqiMdlF16Py_7RJP4lefZMMIbrxcrnWS0ScVMaApLWEALw_wcB

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

lagwagon

I've been very happy with the Brooks Spartan Pants.  they're lightweight, soft, quiet and i'll wear them down to a bit below freezing...tapered but not tights, and long enough for me (6'2/ Size L).  i tend to wear tights more often (also brooks) but if you're not down for that, these are a great fitted option.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

On the topic of pants for a 5k, a lot depends on how fast you are and how cold it will be.  I tend to wear pants more for protection from wind burn than warmth (until temps get into the low 20's, then for warmth too).  If you're not going to be out there too long, or if the wind chill isn't too bad, then running a 5k in shorts is possible, especially if you have a friend in the crowd and can wear sweatpants you shed a few minutes before the start and put right back on afterwards.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

kcam

I still have a pair of Sporthill original stirrup pants which I wear once in a while - Ive had them for 28 years, not kidding.  Don't get a lot of use out here in California but I wore them a lot when I lived in Austin.  I also recently (2 years ago) bought a pair of Saucony Boston pants that I like even more than the Sporthills. I don't think they sell the Boston's anymore.   I'm not a fan of tights but sometimes like to run in long pants and these two are perfect.

paulag

Craft running tights worked really well for me. I ran regularly in temps 25-30F and windy conditions with the tights as my only lower body layer. Their cold weather joggers are fantastic, too.

jeffdonahue

I recently had to update my outdoor running pants as the ones I had were about 18 years old and had holes everywhere.  But they kept me warm.

I went to these  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRCDHJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I really like them.  they keep me warm, are comfortable and there is a zipper pocket in the back for my keys.