Two years ago I was tired and over weight... (Read 597 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

I has a grand daughter! She was born on Amelie's birthday, just 35 minutes ago! Woohoo! I am a grandpa!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congrats, Grandpa Lynn!!!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Now that was a bath...

PerfesserR - yes she is named after the character in the movie. My husband and I loved the film and on our honeymoon we went to Paris and visited the locations from the film. It was weird eating at the 'Amelie cafe'! So many people here can't pronounce her name and so few Kiwis have seen the film. Eryn - I am NEVER having another home birth! My first home birth they gave me a scan at 39 weeks and told me that baby would be 9lb on her due date - buggers were 2lbs wrong and I gave birth to an 11lb baby in an ambulance during a horrible hospital transfer. Second time they told me that baby was smaller this time and cleared me for home birth. I pushed for four hours and had a severe shoulder dystocia whilst screaming for the hospital. My next baby is going to be birthed in hospital, induced early and delivered under epidural whilst I file my nails. If I have one that is Tongue Lynn - congratulations!!!!!! How cool. Enjoy that baby, it makes me all broody thinking of newborns - I simply melt and go squelchy when I get to hold one. Modal - Alice is due on Christmas Eve! I have joked that we should call him Jesus if he comes on Christmas day. I am very excited to be a Grandma though Big grin Yesterday we had a funeral as John's oldest Aunt died. Because of this we opened Amelie's presents the day before her birthday and we will have her party today - the day after. Life and death eh. It was strangely nice though - everybody at the funeral was happy to have Amelie's birthday to celebrate and Aunt Mary would have liked sharing a day with her. Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016