What does it mean to do a "tempo run"? (Read 1521 times)

Why is it sideways?

Hippie.

The Greatest of All Time

Hippie.
      I know you're not talking about me. Tongue
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      xor

My vote is that Jeff was talking about ilene. She smells like patchouli. And herbs.

Why is it sideways?

I know you're not talking about me. Tongue
          Your last post. Very hippie. Which of course I mean as a compliment. Be careful who you hang out with. Look, it ain't that complicated. A tempo run is a run that's run a little faster than usual.

#artbydmcbride

But they don't know that, srlopez. Only you know that. Blush

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

But they don't know that, srlopez. Only you know that. Blush
              I just hope you don't smoke that kitty.

The Greatest of All Time

Your last post. Very hippie. Which of course I mean as a compliment. Be careful who you hang out with. Look, it ain't that complicated. A tempo run is a run that's run a little faster than usual.
                Right. Ok, it was a little hippie. I was trying to push forward a Zen approach to running. Glad you picked up on it. Hippie.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  I think that for most runners--particularly newer runners--it's better to let tempo runs come to you than for you to go seeking them. When you reach a point in your training when you want to let go of the reins and let 'er rip--then do it. Then write that down in your log as a tempo run.
                  Exactly what happened to me. Had no idea I was doing them until an RAer looked at my log and told me my easy runs looked more like tempos. I researched it and, whaddaya know, I was doing tempo runs. I just felt like going faster in the middle of a steady run one day. And i kept doing them once a week or so.

first and foremost running is supposed to be fun.
                    I have so many smart-ass answers to that statement that I can't even pick one... Supposed to be...yup Is it fun somedays...sure Does it suck completely a lot of the time...oh yeah
                    2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Deleted because I am a tool.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

.. MTA: Nothing important. Obviously a stupid thread killer. MTA2: didn't know a modify would put it back to the top! Doh!!

Right on Hereford...

.. MTA: Nothing important. Obviously a stupid thread killer. MTA2: didn't know a modify would put it back to the top! Doh!!
                          Anzura, your post was not a thread killer. The thread was coming to a close, anyway. Don't lurk so much! You've got something of value to add.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Thanks for all the info! They sound like they suck. Undecided
                            Tempo runs and their brother the cruise interval are my favorite workouts!