Darn the time change...it's back to the treadmill. (Read 859 times)

mikeymike

Funny, I am thrilled with the time change. I run in the early morning, and now it's a bit light at the end of my run, as opposed to being pitch black the entire time. Plus i can easily get my kids to bed earlier because it's dark earlier. They can tell time, but don't seem to really notice the time. The whole evening routine is a lot easier. I guess there's no pleasing everyone ...
    Ditto.

Runners run

My legs are killing me

The treadmill can be very boring but sometimes it is the only alternative, especially in the winter in cold weather states. Sometimes, here in CT, it isn't practical or safe to run outside and the treadmill is my only way to get a run in. But I've found there is a way to make it more interesting. When you know you have to run on the tm, make it a hard workout, do speedwork or use the incline to make it more challenging. Instead of focusing on my time on the machine, I concentrate on what I'm doing. It definately makes the whole workout more enjoyable and I walk away feeling good about it.
      Ringmaster

I started running in the very early morning to get away from the heat in the summer and stayed with it when school started, and I'm thankful that I have some light now--dd used to laugh that the only animals I saw during my runs were nocturnal. Did you see the Reebok hat with LED lights? That'll help some of you--but not you CT runners with snow on the ground; it won't help your footing. Sorry. (MTA: I saw the hat in Runner's World Holiday Gift Guide.)

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

LLBean has a hat like that, too. I have it and it really does help. If you need to keep your ears warm, it isn't a help, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Girl, I hear ya! I missed my Tuesday run because I just ditz on the time change. I made up for it this morning with an incredible 6 am run along the bay. I'll be making the change to morning runs as much as possible.
            Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.