Forerunner 405 + Mac + Garmin Communicator help (Read 2034 times)

I just a Forerunner 405 and am trying to set it up so I can upload my runs to here. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Garmin Communicator to install. It goes through the whole process, but when the test page pops up there is nothing there. I've tried on both Safari and Firefox and am completely lost. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

www.gypsygentilli.com

I can never get Garmin Communicator to see my device either. I don't think it's working correctly on the mac (what else is new). Only thing I haven't tried is accessing the test site when the watch is actually transferring a run, but then I'd have to be pretty quick to get a run transferred here! Smile
        I tried that. Still showing up with nothing. I checked and the plug in is definitely installed, but it's not showing up on the test page or when I try to do a GPS import. Kinda frustrating.

www.gypsygentilli.com

Dave

Are you using Safari 4? I've found it won't work with it. Try Firefox. Seems work OK.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Tried firefox. Still couldn't get it to recognize that it's installed. MTA: I'm using Safari 3.2

www.gypsygentilli.com

ymmv

Has anyone seen the Garmin browser plugin recognize their 405 on a MAC? I can upload my runs from the 405 to Garmin Connect, but I've never seen the browser plugin recognize the ant stick and 405, either for runningAHEAD, or even just to check with the garmin site for updates to the 405 or the ant software. My impression is that garmin does not yet have the browser plugin working with the ant stick/405. Now that there is a 'file upload' capability on the runningAHEAD page, I plan to just manually upload my tcx files in order to get them on runningAHEAD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Has anyone seen the Garmin browser plugin recognize their 405 on a MAC? I can upload my runs from the 405 to Garmin Connect, but I've never seen the browser plugin recognize the ant stick and 405, either for runningAHEAD, or even just to check with the garmin site for updates to the 405 or the ant software. My impression is that garmin does not yet have the browser plugin working with the ant stick/405. Now that there is a 'file upload' capability on the runningAHEAD page, I plan to just manually upload my tcx files in order to get them on runningAHEAD.
                As far as I know, the only download that works for the 405 is the direct download to Garmin Connect. It will not work with your browser or RA. That's a Garmin issue, not RA. I didn't know about te 'file upload' capability until you mentioned it, jinitom.Thanks! Garmin is still working on a driver that will be able to do everything we need it to do, so they say. Patience...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Garmin has just updated the Communicator plugin for Mac to version 2.6.4. I has able to upload my run to RA with no problems. The only thing was it uploaded all my runs that were on the device. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3739
                  "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                  ymmv

Garmin has just updated the Communicator plugin for Mac to version 2.6.4. I has able to upload my run to RA with no problems. The only thing was it uploaded all my runs that were on the device. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3739
                    whoa! very nice! For others, here's what mine did the first try. This is on a MAC with a 405, using Safari. I downloaded and installed the latest plugin from Garmin. I let the Garmin Ant Agent upload as usual from the 405 to Garmin Training Center (GTC). There was only one run in the 405, as I had deleted all but today's. While data was being transfered from 405 to the MAC and then from the MAC to GTC, I was looking at the running ahead upload page, wondering at what point it was safe to click the upload button and tell it to upload to RunningAhead. Being impatient, I hit the upload button during the transfer to GTC, and the race was on! The RA upload almost finished, then stopped short. It was apparently grabbing today's file from my 'Pending Uploads' directory, and the file was deleted by the GTC upload before RunningAhead finished getting it. No problem though, because. next, RunningAhead grabbed 98 files from my History directory, which included today's file. When the files were all shown as savable on RunningAhead, I picked the newest one (today's), edited a few things and saved it off.
                      I JUST got a 405 also and I JUST downloaded the Communicator (less than 30 minutes ago) to transfer my first run data - and it worked without a hitch. Only suggestions I have are: 1) Is your web browser up to date? 2) Is your Garmin software up to date? This may be it - when I opened mine up to transfer data it alerted me that there was an updated version of the Garmin ANT to be downloaded and installed. I did this before I ever tried to download or use the Garmin Communicator. So maybe that's why it worked seamlessly for me....worth a stab. Other than that, I can't think of why else it wouldn't work. I'd recommend just checking the two things I suggested and if it still doesn't work, try FAQ section of the website or call them...Sorry! Hope it works.

2012: Just run.