antihero - come 'ere!!!! (Read 570 times)

Now that was a bath...

Wow, I discuss breasts a lot. It was a toss up between me and the chickens for the winner of 'breast mentions'. I had to redo it with boobs and we all know how often boobs get discussed on a certain little board. You're right. It will take hours. I think I'll just go look in a mirror instead.
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

antihero - are you here yet? I am getting impatient. My husband really likes the Pink Skull too. We're having a Dance Breakfast.
      Scout7

Wow, I discuss breasts a lot. It was a toss up between me and the chickens for the winner of 'breast mentions'. I had to redo it with boobs and we all know how often boobs get discussed on a certain little board. You're right. It will take hours. I think I'll just go look in a mirror instead.
        Bring a camera.
          Alright I made it. Some of us work, sometimes! I've been listening to the Pink Skull today too, yay for weird electronic-dance-punk-i don't know what the hell to call it. And Johnny, I fixed the colors, I think. I can see red/green and often forget that many dudes can't. stalk away. MTA: I guess I have to like that this thread has mostly been buoyed by boobies.

sean

Into the wild

merci mon pote!

Shut up and run

Now that was a bath...

Hey Sean - I already managed to process that it was you after reading more of over there and finding a link to over here. If you look, life tends to hand the answers to you on a plate Smile I was deep into the punk scene when illegal house parties were happening in London and it sort of followed that those of us punks squatting large buildings should start throwing the odd rave or two. Punk morphs quite well into dance I find (and this part I just add to prove to JK that I never shut up about drugs) as when you are already off your face, whats a few beeps and drum lines, other than a party? I think. But I am a lot older than you - a fact I always point out when I realize that the person I am talking to is closer in age to my daughter than to myself, so the rest of my 'Hey I was there when punk labels like Southern Studios morphed to dance rant' has been deleted. Anyhow, I envy you your Pink Skull gig the other day. I haven't seen a band since I boogied on down to Cypress Hill and House of Pain at the Brixton Academy which was about 1994. That's sad! Claire xxx
                *sneaking in to talk hockey for a moment* Antihero...sorry about your Capital loss. Big grin At least it gave Philly fans some hope though (we'll just ignore tonight's game, that was horrible!).

Michelle

*sneaking in to talk hockey for a moment* Antihero...sorry about your Capital loss. Big grin At least it gave Philly fans some hope though (we'll just ignore tonight's game, that was horrible!).
                  Haha, yeah, I was bummed about the loss. It was especially annoying because the caps played sooo much better than the flyers in the third, failed to score a goal, and then Poti committed two flagrant trips in OT, getting called on the second one. Need to keep those emotions under control, man. Anyways, not the end of the world. Coincidentally, I'm from Canada, so my backup team is playing the flyers in the second round. Go Habs!

sean

Claire, that's cool that you were in the scene so early, you think. Wink Seriously, it's cool. I guess stuff like that is still going on, but here in DC is not exactly a prime squatting-and-making-music location. Who knows though, maybe I just don't see it. On age: I lurk around the swamp a bunch and I think everybody in there is married and at least 10 years older than me. It's a bit strange. No concerts since 1994? That IS sad. Don't you have music down in NZ?

sean

Now that was a bath...

Hey I wouldn't even have made it to that gig if my boyfriend hadn't worked for a record label and got me free tickets. Junkies don't have a lot of money for a lot else than junk Wink Then by the time I got straight I was busy getting married and having endless children. I've only been in NZ three years (God bless them for having me), but I guess thats no excuse. The one band that I have always wanted to see (Public Enemy) came here just after I had my last baby and my daughter wanted to go with me but I figured that I was too fat to party. I'm shallow like that. Big grin My husband doesn't like to go out much and he likes me at home with him. Wink I can't imagine why? I'm going to make him go to a gig with me. It would be nice to get one in before I get knocked up again. Enjoy being 25. It's a very nice vintage.