I love pancakes! (Read 764 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Made the simple protein pancakes tonight. The only thing I did was add one scoop of chocolate whey protein to the mix and water. Actually they were not too bad. Not quite as fluffy but still very edible. I had a big glass of skim milk and 4 slices of turkey bacon. Yummy. Total Calories (entire meal): 700 (with lite syrup) Fat g: 15 (5 sat) Carb g: 94 Fiber g: 8 Protein g: 55 Good stuff people and ghetto fabulous like moi Wink
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      All this talk about food and pancakes has made me hungry. If I ever get to travel to the States I reckon all you pancake maker extraordinaires had better look out coz I'm coming for breakfast!!!! Big grin And yeah, I think I'd like to see what Trent's garage looks like too.....

Dog-Love

Hey the Pancakes sound eh... wholesome for sure and packed with protein. Turkey bacon...OK I can go with that...time for me to make din din! Before I do that can I steal the thread for one second and ask Cairen her opinion of the Victoria marathon??? Never mind...back to Pancakes...yummers.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Which Victoria Marathon? There's several marathons being held this year. There was the Great Ocean Road which obviously goes along the Great Ocean Road. There's the Melbourne Marathon which is (I think) in October. There's the Burnley half marathon which is in (I think) September. There's also Run for the Kids 14.4km being held on sunday. To be honest, I haven't run in any of them (I've only been running for just over a year) but I'm aiming to do the half in Traralgon Marathon (that's my home town) in June, the Burnley half & the Melbourne half. I also want to do the Walhalla 19km which apparently is a bitch to run for the first few kilometres (very steep hill that just goes on and on and on). I'm not up for the Walhalla 37km (dare I say yet??) The feedback I've had from other runners regarding our marathons is that they're great, as long as you're in front and as long as you don't need to use the toilet before the run starts. I've heard of several people that have missed the start coz of the long toilet queue. But I'm guessing that's probably a standard problem everywhere. My nerves kick in and I'm like one of the little pigs.....wee, wee, wee all the way home.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

skim milk ... lite syrup
            natural skim milk or processed? what is lite syrup? Wink
            TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Ok, I've been reading this thread on and off today (it's my day off). Pancakes and bacon sound great. I don't have any bacon in the house for tomorrow, but I may be forced to try spam. Bacon sounds better. "700 (with lite syrup)" ...I have an alternate syrup idea. Mix butter and brown sugar in a skillet at medium heat. Add walnuts and sliced bananas saute a little more and pour over the pancakes. It's not exactly lite, but it's really good. Big grin
              Find the fun.