SSL Encryption and RA revenue (Read 352 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

it works.  Thanks

Marjorie

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I understand you trying to accomodate the majority of users, and you already said you won't argue about SSL here, but for what it's worth, I don't see a problem with you taking it away. Hope your revenues go back up.

Yup. You need to cover your expenses and make some money somehow.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

npaden

FYI I am getting a lot of different ads in the few days since you made the change.

To a casual observer it seems more related to my browsing habits than the ones I was getting over and over again the last few months were more spammy type stuff.

I'm getting as many hunting related ads here now than I get even on some of the hunting forums that I frequent.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Docket_Rocket

So, this problem happens whether you are a paid member or not?  If not, I am still getting the issue when I use the IE at work.  Having said that, the IE at work is obsolete and not compatible with RA (I have mentioned this before and there is nothing I can do to upgrade it).  If it should happens with all members, notwithstanding their paid/unpaid status, disregard.

And thanks for the info!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

eric :)

So, this problem happens whether you are a paid member or not?  If not, I am still getting the issue when I use the IE at work.  Having said that, the IE at work is obsolete and not compatible with RA (I have mentioned this before and there is nothing I can do to upgrade it).  If it should happens with all members, notwithstanding their paid/unpaid status, disregard.

And thanks for the info!

Hi Damaris,

Which problem are you referring to?

eric Smile

Docket_Rocket

Hi Damaris,

Which problem are you referring to?

eric Smile

The SSL Encryption, sorry for not being specific.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

eric :)

The SSL Encryption, sorry for not being specific.

The behavior is the same for all accounts.

This thread reminded me to add RA to my Adblock whitelist Smile

Docket_Rocket

This thread reminded me to ad RA to my Adblock whitelist Smile

OMG!  That was annoying.

Damaris

Fundraising Page