My First Injury (Read 443 times)

Snorks43

Well, not actaully my first injury, but the first one i have had since i started running, only about 6 weeks. I have a painfully tight ITB (outside of the thigh) making it very painful every time i wanted to run. I am on strict instructions from my basketball coach and team physio that i shouldn't do any extra running outside of training, and only then when the physio has had a good go at it. The most important thing is being able to play this weekend. It is frustrating, i was finally able to get a steady workout happening, then something like this happens. I am worried i won't get back into it once i am better.
      What basketball coach? Are you in HS or College on the BBall team?? If you have in injury after 6 weeks, you might be running too fast and too far.....so you should likely take a week or two off and heal up (100%) and then start over.....cutting daily runs in half....and slowing down about by about 20 0r 25% and let your body adjust...... Also...what kind of shoes do you have?? Many Many early on injuries can often start with your shoes.

Champions are made when no one is watching

Snorks43

I play basketball for a semi-pro team in Western Australia. I am not one of the few who get paid, but it is finals time, so it is worth being careful. I use Asics Gel 1130's, seem to be alright, but i don't think I got the injury from running, but from basketball. I am not worried too much about the injury, just the fact that i was finally getting a steady workout going with my running, then i have to change it.