Independance day race? (Read 863 times)

Anyone in the PA area going to be doing one? Right now I've found an 8k in Swarthmore on the 3rd at 7 pm or a 10k in Washington Crossing at 8 am on the 4th.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Anyone in the PA area going to be doing one? Right now I've found an 8k in Swarthmore on the 3rd at 7 pm or a 10k in Washington Crossing at 8 am on the 4th.
      I'll be home!! I can do either one. I've never raced an 8k or a 10k.

Michelle

I'm up for either, though I really want to get a 10k in. I've never raced either of those lengths.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm up for either, though I really want to get a 10k in. I've never raced either of those lengths.
          My best friend and ex-husband both live in Yardley which is right near Washington Crossing... Hmmmm. Maybe we can make this a family event and have a BBQ at my ex's place, then we could swim.

Michelle

That sounds like a plan! Oh BTW I kind of copied your avatar Blush First "race" picture I've gotten this year that I could actually use as an avatar (couple others I didn't buy so they we're copyrighted)

That sounds like a plan! Oh BTW I kind of copied your avatar Blush First "race" picture I've gotten this year that I could actually use as an avatar (couple others I didn't buy so they we're copyrighted)
              I wanted a new race picture too since my last one was from March. I like the "action" race photos, but maybe next time. There was no way I was buying the Broad Street one - it was blurry!

Michelle

at least you had one from Broad St lol. I too would like a "action" one. Especially one with me crossing the finish line. Guess I'll have to keep racing and keep smiling Wink

at least you had one from Broad St lol. I too would like a "action" one. Especially one with me crossing the finish line. Guess I'll have to keep racing and keep smiling Wink
                  My last avatar was from the HM I did in March, the picture of me crossing the finish line was taking from a guy who was kneeling on the ground right in front of the finish line, you can imagine how all those pictures looked. Not a very nice angle for a picture if you ask me. *lol* Next time we'll have to wear something that matches and we can be book end avatars. Roll eyes

Michelle

Big grin Pam, what was the final decision on the 3rd or 4th of July race? I'm still interested in running either one. Confused

Michelle

Big grin Pam, what was the final decision on the 3rd or 4th of July race? I'm still interested in running either one. Confused
                      Guess you haven't checked your myspace Wink Anyways I was thinking the 4th since it's at 8 am. Really don't want to do another 7-8 pm race in the heat ya know. Plus it's a 10k which I've never done, which means a PB no matter what Wink

Guess you haven't checked your myspace Wink Anyways I was thinking the 4th since it's at 8 am. Really don't want to do another 7-8 pm race in the heat ya know. Plus it's a 10k which I've never done, which means a PB no matter what Wink
                        Whoops, I haven't checked my Myspace--- sorry. I agree...the a.m. race sounds more reasonable temp wise. Checked myspace and got your message! The 4th of July race will be fun! Big grin

Michelle

My ex-husband's employer (Team Toyota) is one of the main sponsors of the race on the 4th, they'll have some demos there, along with sales reps, some I've probably met over the years... Not that it means anything for us...just thought I'd share.

Michelle

My ex-husband's employer (Team Toyota) is one of the main sponsors of the race on the 4th, they'll have some demos there, along with sales reps, some I've probably met over the years... Not that it means anything for us...just thought I'd share.
                            So no free car? DAMN Tongue Oh and do you mean speed demons or other kinds of demons? Wink

So no free car? DAMN Tongue Oh and do you mean speed demons or other kinds of demons? Wink
                              Demons?! Noooooo that's not what I meant... Demonstrations is what I meant!!! The dealership will have an exhibit with DEMOS. Of course, there are probably going to be some speed demons there...we'll let them go first. Tongue

Michelle

Pam....Maybe I missed the answer some how...but...are we running the 4th of July race? Confused

Michelle