new shoe purchase (Read 582 times)

Maggie & Molly

ok - in a little bit I"m heading to the store for new shoes.  My current show, muzuno wave rider 13, seems to be done.  during my last couple of runs I've felt as if I had something under the arch on my left foot and my knee has had twinges.  **this is also the leg that is affected by my piriformis issues.  Anyway, the shoe is just about 190 miles.  That seems a bit low and I'm wondering if I should ask about other styles?  My last shoe was a Nike Air Max Moto 6.  I liked it and got about 260 miles on those. When I bought the Mizuno it was the result of my asking for a lighter shoe.  Thoughts? 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

SMART Approach

Both those shoes are neutral shoes. If you have a history of neutral shoes then stick with them. A couple neutral shoes you may want to try out are Brooks Ghost 3 (new upgrade and rated high) and Saucony Trigon Ride (not sure what number they are on now). Both have strong history of being a "good" shoe. I have had great success with both until they decide to put vinyl/leather pieces in the bunion area. If you want a low heel/profile, lighter neutral shoe, look at the Saucony Mirage. I just purchased them and will do a review soon.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Maggie & Molly

thanks for the feedback.  I ended up back in a stablizer - Saucony Pro Grid.  The staff at the store are wondering if my arch is collapsing too much leading to the discomfort in my foot.  They felt that 180 miles was no where near the mileage I should get.  So, I'm heading to the gym now to give the new shoes a try.   

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

keeponrunning

I've used Saucony Pro Grid's for a while now- I usually get 300-400mi on a pair.  Overall really like them.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I've been using the Wave Riders for three years and I seem to get low miles out of them compared to other shoes...at least from what I've read on here.  I'm around 250 miles with them.  I can't switch though.  I'm a wide foot and not too many neutrals out there are available in the wide fit.  The ones I have tried just don't feel right at all on my feet.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Mizuno Wave Inspire 5 $69.00 236 mi

Reebok RDK Premier Running (orange) $59.00 214 m

Do not think either pair will make 500 miles.

2 pair of Aisics 2130 each had 487 and 497 miles. Probably will switch back to Asics .The Mizuno Wave has a great feel. It feels like you have nothing on. Will decide  after I see how many miles it last.(outlet prices on line) I alternate shoes.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Maggie & Molly

thanks all.  I ran 9 in the new shoes today.  I'm not totally sold on them but will give it a few more tries before I decide.  I seemed to have discomfort in my achilles by the end of my run = never had that before. 

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363