My legs itch?? (Read 466 times)

Future running partner.

(When I run)Big grin. Lately I have been increasing my mileage and I notice that my legs have started itching at times when I run. During a higher mileage week a couple of weeks ago I felt it around my calves and ankles. Today during a recovery run from yesterdays long run I felt it around my thighs. Does this happen often with experienced runners?

jingchunyu

(When I run)Big grin. Lately I have been increasing my mileage and I notice that my legs have started itching at times when I run. During a higher mileage week a couple of weeks ago I felt it around my calves and ankles. Today during a recovery run from yesterdays long run I felt it around my thighs. Does this happen often with experienced runners?

Is it itchy at skin's depth or deeper than that?  It can be just "cold rash"

Future running partner.

It kind of feels at the surface, but if I look at where it itches there is nothing there.

Actually, never.

"run" "2" "eat"

are you running through poison ivy? haha!! just kidding.

i will get stuff like that sometimes - itching, burning, pins & needles, feels like bugs crawling, and so on. all the usual suspects. generally it's when my legs are tired. probably nerves or blood flow or something like that.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Best Present Ever

a mild form of exercise urticaria? 

I have had this at the same time as other symptoms that together I took to indicate overtraining.

By itself I'm not sure I'd read too much into it, but given that you mention increased mileage it's something to watch out for. Maybe have a cut back week every so often to give your body a chance to get used to the higher mileage?