Moterized treadmilss for under 250 pounds (approx 320 dollars?) (Read 1715 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I dont know some people seem to get many enjoyment from very much cheaper non motorized treadmills if amazon is anything to go by.

Are they  mainly clotheslines?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

I'm going to jump into this thread.  My s/o wants to get a treadmill because she thinks she'll exercise more if we got one.  I want to encourage her, but I want to get a good machine b/c if we have it in the house, I'm sure I'll use it too.

I'm looking on craigslist and a few people have PRO FORM treadmills for sale for a reasonable second hand price of $200.

Anyone know anything about that brand?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Just don't go there for looking for deep tissue massage.  Trust me.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm going to jump into this thread.  My s/o wants to get a treadmill because she thinks she'll exercise more if we got one.  I want to encourage her, but I want to get a good machine b/c if we have it in the house, I'm sure I'll use it too.

I'm looking on craigslist and a few people have PRO FORM treadmills for sale for a reasonable second hand price of $200.

Anyone know anything about that brand?

I used http://www.treadmilltips.com/proform-treadmills.html to help me wade through the used treadmills on craigslist.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I used http://www.treadmilltips.com/proform-treadmills.html to help me wade through the used treadmills on craigslist.

One key piece of information from that site is:

To Conclude…

Always remember that you get what you pay for. And this applies to everything including treadmills. If you're a seasoned runner who wants a quality treadmill with long warranties, then I strongly urge you to buy treadmills worth at least $1,500.

jayskydee

Yes but why would they say that? I think 14 kmph for the reebok one is ok and it looked nice and looks are sometimes an indicator that its not so bad for a cheap treadmill?

xor

Yes but why would they say that? I think 14 kmph for the reebok one is ok and it looked nice and looks are sometimes an indicator that its not so bad for a cheap treadmill?

We've already covered this.

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you are sincere?  Not a troll?  Not someone's puppet?

jayskydee

Well yes cause 14kmph at a sever inclince is like over 20 on a flat. and 250 pounds (well over 300 dolars I think) is a lot of money for a lot of people. You dont need some 1.5 thousand pound modle and who, has that kind of money?

keeponrunning

I certainly don't have $1500, I'm far from rich.  To me, $320 is a lot of money, HOWEVER, if I'm going to invest my money in something, it's not going to be a cheap-arse treadmill that won't last.  I'll stick to running outside before I'd do that.  (and the weather outside my door has a wide variety, can be as cold as 0F or -20C, but in the summer as hot as 35C+ or 100F)   

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022