Quick poll for the married folks (Read 1158 times)

Menace to Sobriety

I was 22, she was 23......31 years last August.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Muebele

got married 3 years ago, I was 32, she was 37. 

I was one of the last one of my friends to get married.  That kinda sucked, but not as much as marrying the wrong person would have sucked

Dog-Love

I was 32 he was 42 with 2 kids.  Now 20 years later we have our own 2 kids and one is heading to college.  Its a blur!  I met him as a research diver who would always help me witih my projects.  I introduced him to a good friend of mine when he divorced his 1st wife but I guess he liked me.  Funny how that all works out.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

We met at 27, married at 33, and now we are 40. No kids but lots of love. Also, none of my childhood girl friends married before 30 - that maybe an urban/ career choice thing. Maybe 25% are still unmarried at 40, and perfectly happy...anyways just enjoy yourself and let the story unfold. A

MTA - spelling

Recalculating...

Roxy27

my little devil

How old were you when you got married? And--if you don't mind--how long ago was that? 

(reason for poll: an overwhelming amount of friends from high school and college getting married all at once. I'm 23, single, and living my life! And cannot believe how many friends are tying the knot!) 

I'm 31 and my husband is 34, we've been married for 8 months.

Live your life girl, it's the only one you'll get! 

Our eyes met across the crowded hat store.  I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher.  Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew ... and so we danced.  I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

But seriously: 33, 15+ years ago.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The Terminator

Day after my 29th birthday and my husband was a month shy of 30. That was 3 months ago. Mta: in my group of friends, I am the anamoly. In urban areas, it seems kind of gauche to marry before 30, and all of my like-aged friends are single.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

heather85

Well, in some ways science supports that assertion.  Brain development  continues until ~ 25/26

Yes, that is about the age I had my first moment of common sense in my life.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Well, in some ways science supports that assertion.  Brain development  continues until ~ 25/26

Yes, that is about the age I had my first moment of common sense in my life.

Heck, I'm 65 and I'm not sure I've ever had a common sense thought... are you sure brains don't just continue to develop! Shocked

Hope this quotes right... I'm not sure how to do indented quotes....

bob e v
                    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Day after my 29th birthday and my husband was a month shy of 30. That was 3 months ago.

Congrats!

I was 21, he was 24....34 years ago. Before we met, neither of us thought we would marry that young. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, do what's right for you.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!

I was 21, he was 24....34 years ago. Before we met, neither of us thought we would marry that young. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, do what's right for you.

Yeah, intellect doesn't always take precedence. Smile

"run" "2" "eat"

They are dropping like flies around us.... Some days I think they threw in the towel too easily or simply weren't right for one-another from the start, but other days it makes me wonder how it is that these couples are different than my DH and I.  

divorce is contagious -- one couple in a group goes through it, and especially if it goes amicably, other couples in the group start to think maybe that's the way for them, also. same old story of greener grass, you know.

at my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary, my brother asked my grandmother what's was the secret to her long marriage. she simply said, we never got divorced.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

Our eyes met across the crowded hat store.  I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher.  Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew ... and so we danced.  I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

But seriously: 33, 15+ years ago.

Wow! that's some beautiful prose.

The tangents are moot.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was 30 and she was 31.  That was 10 years ago.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

We were both 32 and it was the first and only marriage for both of us.  17 years ago.

Most of my friends were 25 or older when they got married but still some settled.  Those that settled are divorced or in lousy marriages.  I did not have good examples of marriages growing up so swore that I would never get married.  Never, never, never.  Then I met a cutie and for 3 years, my heart very gradually changed until one day I realized that I didn't want to live my life without him.  Marriage can still be hard (in-laws, raising kids) but when you have the right one, it's worth it.  IMO, marriage is great but only when it's with the right one.  If you need to take a poll to find out the advantages of marriage, you already have your answer.  Have fun now and be your own person.  One day, if you find someone who makes you happier with them then being alone, well, no one will be able to talk you out of it.  Two spinster sisters (very, very Southern) had a saying that I lived by for years, "I'd lot rather want something that I don't have, then to have something that I don't want - and can't get rid of."