Somethin' that's been on my mind of late... (Read 908 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...remember when CR imploded and the onslaught of new members at RA had everyone at each other's throats and stressed-out? Old RA folks felt like our happy little internet home had been invaded and CR peeps felt like refugees. Am I the only one who can't keep track of who's from CR anymore? Smile In the last month or so RA really feels like a bigger version of what it was before the fall of CR. Seems that the growing pains have subsided. I'm actually happy that CR bit the dust. Big grin *sings Kumbaya*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

There will probably be more CR people coming over. I checked their site the other night and people are still complaining about how much they hate it. Just trying to log in makes your hair hurt. Angry
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There will probably be more CR people coming over. I checked their site the other night and people are still complaining about how much they hate it. Just trying to log in makes your hair hurt. Angry
        I tried to create an Active log-in for race registrations and couldn't get it to work. Sheesh, do they want my money or not? Roll eyes I should just mail my registrations in and avoid their dumb fees, too.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, I was thinking that recently, too. I think there are some groups that all all/mostly CR's who don't venture out onto the main board (and that's perfectly fine), but now that it's all said and done, there's no distinction between RA and CR peeps. And I think RA is a far richer place as a result.
          *sings Kumbaya*
          I'm not sure why, but whenever someone says this, I always think about the singing flight attendant in Airplane who knocks the sick girl's IV out of her arm with the guitar. It's strange how our minds form these non sequiturs that just stick. "There is only one river...There is only one sea...and it flows through you...and it flows through me... Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

C-R

As a former refugee, I went there yesterday to look for a long forgotten post. After 15 minutes of wading through the dust bin of CR, I gave up. It's dead even if the remaining people don't know it. RA has been wonderful for this plodder. Some great advice from people that like to share that has helped my running already so there's the payoff. I've learned so much about Zoom and the qucik postings especially if the word beer is in the title, Ice baths with Marcus, Scouts mom, running 557 intervals, garlic, buns of steel, flying monkeys of Trent, jakes pension for gorillas, and so much more.... Big grin Who knows what we will learn and laugh about tomorrow

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"There is only one river...There is only one sea...and it flows through you...and it flows through me... Tongue
              Eww...there are floaters in that river and sea. Jeff, did you blow mud? Dead

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eww...there are floaters in that river and sea. Jeff, did you blow mud? Dead
                Yup.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

I can't help thinking about the star-bellied sneeches and those with no stars on thars.
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's OK, I blew some of my copious snot in there, too. Blush

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

As a former refugee
                      To offer anecdotal evidence of Zoomy's original thought... I had no idea you hadn't been here forever. I've been at RA since December '06, and you're like a part of the furniture to me, CarmelRunner. (That's a compliment, I'm not calling you a footstool or something...)

Tick tock

JakeKnight

To offer anecdotal evidence of Zoomy's original thought... I had no idea you hadn't been here forever. I've been at RA since December '06, and you're like a part of the furniture to me, CarmelRunner. (That's a compliment, I'm not calling you a footstool or something...)
                        Yup and ditto. With a couple glittering exceptions - and leaving out the long-time swamp rats - I don't know who's who anymore. And that's just fine.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Bugs

I'm actually happy that CR bit the dust. Big grin *sings Kumbaya*
                          Does that mean I can stay?

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does that mean I can stay?
                            Yes...'cause I need more crazy blondes around here with me! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Yes...'cause I need more crazy blondes around here with me! Big grin
                              I fit the bill. We'll go virtually shoe shopping together. It'll be "fab".

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Can someone explain to me what happened at CR? I was keeping a log over there for a few months in 2006, but I never ventured on to the boards. In fact, I was looking for my old log when I found this place because I wanted to start logging again. I had no idea this board was here, nor any intention to even come in and post. But it's so damn addictive.
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.