Cyclocross (Read 120 times)

I wasn't there, but thought this was awesome:

Spiral of Doom from Darlings Island Cyclocross 2013

Princess Cancer Pants

Ooh, one of the series we do did this maybe 4 years ago...it was before I got sucked into the sport.  My hubby raced...I spectated.  It was COLD that day!!!  On a rainy/snowy day after several days of rain...by the end it was a spiral of thick mud.  I think it was that race that kind of put the thought in my head that maybe I should try CX...I do love mud (and we've not had any muddy races this year, which is sorta sad.  We only have 2 left).

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Princess Cancer Pants

Speaking of CX...we had our Halloween race yesterday.  I had a jacked-up back for this race last year, so I have been looking forward to dressing-up for it for over a year.  One of my teammates snapped a fun shot of me before I got all sweaty and gross with snot running down my face.  I ended up placing 3/7 women in my race.

Already considering what I might do for a costume next year.  2 years ago I was a butterfly.  I love the wings thing.  It photographs cool during races.  I pretend I can fly... Tongue

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

That's awesome, Zoom! Sharp!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Princess Cancer Pants

Thanks!

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

~ Unknown

Runslowalksalot

I would love to have an overhead view of that!   Racing skinny tired bike through the mud in winter; sounds like fun!

Princess Cancer Pants

No overheads from our race, but there are bound to be some from the worlds in Louisville almost a year ago.  There's another really cool video floating around from a single-speed championship race a year or two ago, but I can't find it.

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

~ Unknown

Princess Cancer Pants

Wish I had cable TV…not sure I want to get up at 5AM for live streaming...

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

~ Unknown