Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

Miss, I'll get you running one next year. It's my new mission in life.
    I've never been a mission before. This ought to be interesting. Big grin

Michelle

Scout7

It's sorta like "Saving Private Ryan". But not.
        Big grin I'm still smiling because I'm a mission.

Michelle

Wait, in that movie does Private Ryan survive?

Michelle

Scout7

Yes, he does. Tom Hanks dies.
              Yes, he does. Tom Hanks dies.
              Whew!! Glad I'm not the "character" of Tom Hanks. Tongue

Michelle

Thank you...but you do realize that I'll still continue to declare that my children are pure evil - even if they do put me in that nifty married with children club - there are times when I want out. In fact, just last night I threatened to escape to a tropical island, or go back to work (I was desperate for a break).
                Oh, I am sooooo right there with you on that one. Do you ever have really bad days at home and then go out where everyone tells you how well-behaved your children are? Then you want to beat both them and your children upside the head, because if they only knew........
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                  I thought it would be cool to see who is running what fall marathon ... possibly faciliate some RA meet ups? I'm running Richmond in November Big grin
                  My plans right now are to run Richmond this fall. Maybe I will see you guys there.
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                  va

My plans right now are to run Richmond this fall. Maybe I will see you guys there.
                    Great alan f! It looks like we might have a good RA turn-out at Richmond.
                      Wahoo look at all the Richmond bound RAers! Smile
                      2009: BQ?
                        I'm looking for a good race in September, preferably a trail run. Any suggestions?
                        Timberline Marathon (Sept) starts on Mt. Hood in Oregon, runs along the Pacific Crest Trail, and ends near a lake. It's really nice single track trail!
                        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                          http://www.indianapolismarathon.com/ Oct. There is also a 5k and a HM

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

My dogs are fast, not me

Still technically fall - Memphis St. Jude December 1 Definitely doing the half, toying with the idea of the full. Shocked http://www.stjudemarathon.org/

Robin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

St. Jude December 1
                              I hear that there is another marathon near you about 2 weeks earlier. One that is far more interesting and memorable Evil grin Big grin
                                That Trent. Always so predictable. Wink
                                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian