Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pain is not pain. And there is another marathon the same day as Philly which is much more painful than most. Just sayin' Evil grin
    mkelley7

I'm deciding between Harrisburg or Philadelphia.... it'll be my first and being able to do a smallish one has some appeal to me. Then again, pain is pain, and Philly sounds cool, soooo....
      I'm planning on running in Philly this November actually.. and I'm coming all the way from Louisville.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And there is another marathon the same day as Philly which is much more painful than most.
        I just ran some trails in the state park near me, and I believe I've discovered my Flying Monkey training ground. Not this year, but '08 or '09 are looking good.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm planning on running in Philly this November actually.. and I'm coming all the way from Louisville.
          Hey, I'll be running 15-20 miles in Louisville tomorrow (Saturday) monring. Cox park to Seneca and back, with an out and back on River Road (or double the Cox to Seneca).
            Still technically fall - Memphis St. Jude December 1 Definitely doing the half, toying with the idea of the full. Shocked http://www.stjudemarathon.org/
            I'm thinking about doing the St. Jude Half...
            ~Sarah~ My 2008 Goals: Little Rock HM (just finish it :)) Nike Women's Half Marathon San Francisco 10/19/08 5k < 30:00>
              I'm running my first marathon in Nov; the Chickamauga marathon in north Georgia. It's a small one, but the timing is right.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm running my first marathon in Nov; the Chickamauga marathon in north Georgia. It's a small one, but the timing is right.
                I did this last year. It's a really nice race. Scenic, fast, just the right size. Great after-race chow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I 'may' run the White Rock Marathon (Shhhh... Do not tell anyone but I'm not the biggest fan of Dallas Texas.), but it's on a Sunday Sad. Otherwise, I think I'll shoot for the Cowtown (over in Fort Worth Texas) one... or cut back to the half.

Vim

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I just signed up for this one in October.

Burninated Peasant

I 'may' run the White Rock Marathon (Shhhh... Do not tell anyone but I'm not the biggest fan of Dallas Texas.), but it's on a Sunday Sad. Otherwise, I think I'll shoot for the Cowtown (over in Fort Worth Texas) one... or cut back to the half.
                        I'm in the exact same boat. I'm pretty sure I'll do Cowtown either way, but I may also do White Rock again, just to avenge the butt-kicking that it gave me last year. Sunday's an obstacle for me too, but once a year isn't too bad, right?
                          I'm in the exact same boat. I'm pretty sure I'll do Cowtown either way, but I may also do White Rock again, just to avenge the butt-kicking that it gave me last year. Sunday's an obstacle for me too, but once a year isn't too bad, right?
                          If I finish it in the time you did, I won't be calling it a butt kicking. I'll be calling it a fantastic first marathon. And if it's missing church that you and Modal are worried about - I give you permission to go at night that day (if that makes sense). Wink

I plannin gon running Basel Marathon on October 27th. The route seems quite boring (4 laps of 10k + a bit), but it could be that the weather is perfect for a PR. I desperately need to erase my current PR. I can't to to a marathon any further away as my wife has most likely given birth to our 2nd daughter approx 1 month prior. I have been told that I have to run fast because it has to be done between diaper changes (of the little one) :-)
                            Run more.

Marathonmanleto

Just sent in my early registration for the D Freep Marathon--any other RA members in?

Burninated Peasant

If I finish it in the time you did, I won't be calling it a butt kicking. I'll be calling it a fantastic first marathon. And if it's missing church that you and Modal are worried about - I give you permission to go at night that day (if that makes sense). Wink
                                It isn't the time that made it a butt-kicking, it was the fact that my legs quit on me around mile 18, even though I was running a similar pace to a 20 miler that I ran as a slow training run (hey, it was my first marathon, I wanted to be sure I finished!) Next time, I just want to get through without stopping. Anyway, I usually prefer not to run races that make me miss church. We only have Sunday morning services, and I usually help out with setup and/or child care, so when I'm not there, I'm making someone else do extra work.