What keeps you motivated when the weather goes to hell? (Read 1202 times)

invisible

Absolutely. It's very wise to never disagree with Jeff. He knows lots of big words.
    ...and word has it that his avatar pic is an actual photo of him! Smile
    90 percent of the game is not giving up.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's all about the smile.
      Ha...I've actually been told that my nephew (on the left) looks more like me than my own kid--and I think it's the smile thing. Damon's grin is always HUGE and silly. Dane tends to have a more pensive expression in photos:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

...and word has it that his avatar pic is an actual photo of him! Smile
        Skeletor, baby.

Why is it sideways?

Okay. Too cute. You're losing me.
          Ha...I've actually been told that my nephew (on the left) looks more like me than my own kid--and I think it's the smile thing. Damon's grin is always HUGE and silly. Dane tends to have a more pensive expression in photos:
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Skeletor, baby.
            The contrast between the skeletal face and muscular torso has always had me all Confused

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay. Too cute. You're losing me.
              Don't make me start posting icanhascheezburger.com pix! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

The contrast between the skeletal face and muscular torso has always had me all Confused
                Yeah, the same thing happens to me when people post pictures of their cute kids and nephews.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

D'oh! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

invisible

Skeletor, baby.
                    It's a relief to know that you don't wear blue tights.

Why is it sideways?

It's a relief to know that you don't wear blue tights.
                      Bad inference.

Running on the ocean

Today was beautiful - got a good lunch time run in.
                        I have to admit that your running log never fails to amaze me. Awesome going, man! You're an inspiration to me.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
                        -- Jakob Herrmann
                        my running achievements

invisible

Bad inference.
                          What did you infer that was bad?

an amazing likeness

I have not seen ANY runners out on the streets the last half of this week - the conditions are just too horrible, even for Mainers (what about you, Blaine?).
                            It's sure been a tough month so far with all the freezing and ice. I turned a corner last night onto a road which is a slight downhill slope -- turns out that all that glistening wet was really the day's melt water turned back to ice. In my struggle to stay on my feet, I slid across the road in front of a truck with a plow pulling up to the intersection. He did a great job stopping and missing me, with the bonus that I was able to grab onto one of these posts they have at the end of the plows to not fall down. Whew! We're only half way through the month and I've already taken two days completely off and never headed out - -the first time in a few years with more than 1 day off in a month.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Most years, it's knowing how strong and fast it will make me during the beautiful spring races. This year, I am motivated by the fact that I am off that cursed treadmill and outside!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's sure been a tough month so far with all the freezing and ice. I turned a corner last night onto a road which is a slight downhill slope -- turns out that all that glistening wet was really the day's melt water turned back to ice. In my struggle to stay on my feet, I slid across the road in front of a truck with a plow pulling up to the intersection. He did a great job stopping and missing me, with the bonus that I was able to grab onto one of these posts they have at the end of the plows to not fall down. Whew! We're only half way through the month and I've already taken two days completely off and never headed out - -the first time in a few years with more than 1 day off in a month.
                                Shocked Wow, that's scary! That's what scares me into jumping onto the treadmill. I'm accident-prone, so I could see the same thing happening to me. I'm glad it turned out OK for you!