Running food cravings (Read 853 times)

Tracie

I usually crave more sugar but I've been craving meat since doing more speedwork. I'm a vegetarian! Shocked Is this normal? What do you crave?

Run the race God set B4U

I crave Peanut Butter, must be the protein!!!
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

running yogi

Bagels and oranges !

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I'm with Tina on the Peanut Butter! I have to monitor it a bit or I'd totally overdo it on that. Sometimes when I first up my mileage I'm just generally more hungry. DH has been known to call me "a great cavernous stomach on feet." Running hasn't made me crave meat though. Hmm. Maybe it's time for some Gardenburgers, etc. ? We had Tofurky Beer Brats done on the grill for dinner tonight - with onions and peppers and sauerkraut - yum!
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run
            Peanut Butter it is.......more precisely "Peanut Butter and sliced Banana on toast" Yes

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Jazz hands!

Peanut butter on a toasted whole grain English muffin. This is weird.
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                All right all but one of the respondents so far has been female. How come guys are much less likely to have cravings? Really odd if you ask me.
                pitrunner

I crave Peanut Butter, must be the protein!!!
                  PB all the way! Especially PB and jelly on a bagel or on a pink lady apple. Yum...getting ready to have some now Smile

My Hero

I don't know if I would call it it a craving, but I do get a tingly, pleasant feeling when I think about food. Smile I know when my sodium levels get low, salty foods sound real good to me. Just taking a guess... Perhaps cravings, or a desire to eat a particular food or food groups, may be our body's way of telling us of particular nutritional need that is lacking.
                    Tracie

Yeah time for Gardenburgers. Smile Thanks everyone. I should be eating more variety and protein. The guys at my house eat everything hence no cravings.

Best Present Ever

Yeah time for Gardenburgers. Smile Thanks everyone. I should be eating more variety and protein. The guys at my house eat everything hence no cravings.
                        you know, I was telling my husband that I was really enjoying this community. When I read this thread, I laughed out loud and read him the various things that y'all crave. He said, "these are your people." Apparently 'regular' people crave things like a fast food burger (blech). I come staggering in the house after a long run and say, "all i could think about was a smoothie with plain yogurt and lots of frozen berries" or "could you put a whole wheat english muffin in the toaster? and then put some almond butter on it?" ummmmmm. Steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, and bananas on it, with an iced coffee (this meal I can get at our local coffee shop). That's also a post run favorite. Unlike some folks, I feel HUNGRY when I'm running, especially if I run more than an hour or so.
                          GP160

After a long run I crave a sandwich and chips + dt. pepsi. Pref a tuna salad on wheat with fresh tom/let/onion and provolone cheese. Sour cream and onion chips. My kinda meal . yum Yes
                            Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

JUST FINISH 10.5 MILES AND 3/4THS OF VEGGIE PIZZA. EVERYTHING IN REACH NORMALLY.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Hoping to Run Again :-(

you know, I was telling my husband that I was really enjoying this community. When I read this thread, I laughed out loud and read him the various things that y'all crave. He said, "these are your people."
                                Ha ha - I LOVE that! Yay, I feel like I've found "my people" too Smile
                                ~ Fly ~
                                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                                veggies on the run