Are five finger shoes really good for running? (Read 174 times)

there is no "like" or "sad" or "befuddled" marker to select for posts on this form.

Otherwise I would use them.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I long since stopped trying to engage him on a logical let's-talk-running level.

Excuse me? I'd love to know what you consider, "logical," if you disagree with what I teach...

What logic do I lack?

Speed=Stride Length X Turnover rates. I teach how to double one's stride length. What's wrong with that?

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

rlopez

Your princess repeats: " I long since stopped trying to engage (you) on a logical let's-talk-running level." Because it does not matter. You will just tell me I'm wrong and go back to your thing. It never changes. It is never more than this. It isn't just that you are koo koo for coconuts regarding running, it's that you can't fathom how to engage people on a normal level.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Oh please...

What of how I teach do you disagree with most?

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Prince of Fatness

Your demeanor.

Not at it at all. 

rlopez

Oh please...

I'm not making an ordered list for you because, again, it won't be constructive. You will post your goofball shit for awhile, then you will leave, then you will return. Each time getting a little meaner and weirder.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

First off, demeanor can't be taught.

Not to mention that your interpretation of me is based only on what you read. You've never met or spoken to me in person, so you're living in fantasy of your own self created view to who I am. That claim says more about you than me. You know nothing about how I relate with anyone. I answered a post based upon my knowledge of Vibrams. That I know more about barefoot running than anyone, there was nothing weird or mean about it.

Of course, the barrage of posts trying to make fun of me are guaranteed. Which is why I don't hijack any threads, you do. Once I write, everything written afterwards is attacking me. I'm not mean, I'm merely confident in my education to not back down. You see, I don't spend my time sitting around a toilet bowl like the vultures here looking to sound important to those who know less about running than you do.

If you truly had the education I do, then you'd be teaching the people I do.

I'd rather spend my time with generals, and orthopedic surgeons to discuss training, but I never see you at any of those conferences even though you could attend them. Oh wait, that means you have to have something to contribute. Which of course nobody posting here does.

As to being weird, I think it was Einstein who said, "Great spirits will encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds." If you don't understand my logic, I'm not crazy, you're stupid. Plenty of stupid people think they're smarter than me. I can assure you that you're not the first one to think I'm lesser than you. I've had more than a few people call HR of my employers demanding I undergo psychiatric evaluation for schizophrenia because they refuse to believe what I'm doing, or what I've accomplished. Please don't think you're alone in your misguided beliefs.

I've also set sales records for any company that I've been associated with. I've worked for one of the top 50 rated companies in the nation to work for and one of the top three in my state to work for. I've won numerous awards in customer service over my working history. So your description of me from just what I write is a delusional view to who I am.

Funny that I can write for a legitimate training organization for people respected in the industry. I'm still waiting for you to prove anyone besides yourself thinks you're anyone credible to listen to.

I'm only weird to you because I openly challenge everything you know about training/running. And human nature to challenge is fight or flight, not learn. And since you don't want to flee the only outlet you have to think you're knowledgeable, fighting me is the only option anyone has. You surely won't learn...

I don't run away for awhile. Unlike you, I write for not only future articles for publishing, but my military connections as well. It's a matter of time priorities for me. I only write here as a matter of distraction.

My weirdness to you is only because you experience a very small portion of it. That it's true is your problem to comprehend, not mine.

Pointing People LOL Blank Template - Imgflip

"run" "2" "eat"

You will post your goofball shit for awhile, then you will leave, then you will return. Each time getting a little meaner and weirder.

#goals

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

rlopez

I'm still waiting for you to prove anyone besides yourself thinks you're anyone credible to listen to.

I'm only weird to you because I openly challenge everything you know about training/running.

What say you, runningahead? Do I possess any credibility whatsoever?

As for the reasons why I think you are a goofball crank, no, it is not because you openly challenge everything I know about training/running. Actually, it's just because I believe you to be a goofball crank.

Good seeing you at the Sauvie Island race that one time, though.

Prince of Fatness

First off, demeanor can't be taught.

Right, but you asked what we thought about how you teach not what you teach. 

Pay attention.

Not at it at all. 

I'm not sure the particular individual can pass the Turing test. Too much phrase repetition and inaccurate use of words; like something that is translated, poorly.

Even an artificial intelligence bot can learn via interaction or study.

After more than a decade or two, there is nothing new, no learning, no third-party verifications.

I would like to take this opportunity to reveal to everyone I coached Henry Marsh.

As he was running by in a meet, I told him to "keep it up, looking good". He took my advice and did indeed keep it up. Therefor I coached him. I also coached Edwin Moses and Suzy Favor-Hamilton, and dozens of other Olympians.

an amazing likeness

I would like to take this opportunity to reveal to everyone I coached Henry Marsh.

As he was running by in a meet, I told him to "keep it up, looking good". He took my advice and did indeed keep it up. Therefor I coached him. I also coached Edwin Moses and Suzy Favor-Hamilton, and dozens of other Olympians.

I was just telling my good friend Paul McCartney that name droppers are...like, the worst.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rlopez

Bill Gates once asked me "do we pay you?"

It was a rhetorical question.

Lane

I find you credible.  I declare you princess of credibility.  Or maybe just duchess.

What say you, runningahead? Do I possess any credibility whatsoever?