Are five finger shoes really good for running? (Read 174 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

tl;dr

love my vibrams tho

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

sport jester

Biomimeticist

You were there. Just because I was there to run the race does not mean I didn't see people in the associated booths.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

You can choose not to play or you can PLAY. Either way, it won't change anything. He'll wait until there are new people to troll and start over again.

😄 I got caught as a newbie!

After many confusing and non sequitur laden back and forths, and actual time spent contacting people I know in Oregon, I found out about the mental illness and fraud (probably not deliberate, it's just how the particular individual functions). What a waste of time.

Like the drunk that shambles out of the ally every so often yelling about conspiracies and aliens, the best course of action is do not engage. Just ignore and keep going. Otherwise you're Sisyphus with a task that has no conclusion or resolution, just the same thing over and over and over again. Can we nickname the particular individual Professor Ouroboros?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Oh, please...

If you saw me there, why didn't you introduce yourself. What better definition of coward do you need?

100 miles for many is grueling, I'm well aware, but since I consume far fewer calories per step, that's far easier component for me to figure out. Mental? I'm far tougher mentally than you can imagine. If the elite average 4MPH for a race, that's not a hard speed to attain walking. I've taught seniors how to walk at speeds over 5MPH, "comfortably."

You know your math, you don't know mine.

Outwalking you is easy.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

sport jester

Biomimeticist

, and actual time spent contacting people I know in Oregon, I found out about the mental illness and fraud

So why don't you tell me who you contacted about me? Since my students have published their opinions of what I teach (former Navy SEALs no less), not to mention track coaches referring to me in print as, "genius..."

So please tell me who these mysterious people are since I know whom I've taught...

rlopez

Oh, please...

If you saw me there, why didn't you introduce yourself. What better definition of coward do you need?

100 miles for many is grueling, I'm well aware, but since I consume far fewer calories per step, that's far easier component for me to figure out. Mental? I'm far tougher mentally than you can imagine. If the elite average 4MPH for a race, that's not a hard speed to attain walking. I've taught seniors how to walk at speeds over 5MPH, "comfortably."

You know your math, you don't know mine.

Outwalking you is easy.

I am only responding because my own joke that started this "did I see him? was he there?" tangent was bad.

The "good to see you" thing was a joke nod to the past. I could have done that better. Actually... and I'm pretty sure it is in the thread that was linked on the previous page... I didn't see you. It isn't about cowardice.

As for the rest, been there done that. For one, I've actually completed a number of 100 mile races. One 150. For two, been there done that as it applies to trying to have a normal conversation with you. You won't rope me into it again. As for your taunt, ok then,

You haven't changed in the almost 20 years I've watched you play your game. Except adding 'toilet vultures' to your arsenal recently. That is a good one.

Signed,

Princess Huckleberry

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Remember, that I'm not suffering from the same midlife crisis as yourself. I don't need to run to validate my life.

The only factor that matters is that I don't care how fast you run, I can teach anyone to run 20% faster. It wasn't about the race for me, it was that you lived in Portland at the time and had the opportunity to learn from me personally for free. You chose not to. And now to write as the, "defender," of anyone who reads what I write is cowardice.

You have absolutely no first hand knowledge of who I am, what I teach, or why I teach it, but tell everyone that you do. If you seek fraud, start with who's your mirror.

I don't care how many races you've run or how long. I can still walk faster than you.

rlopez

I lived in Seattle. I came to Portland for the race.

Just the way you say this: " had the opportunity to learn from me personally for free"... that is something.

"You have absolutely no first hand knowledge of who I am, what I teach, or why I teach it, but tell everyone that you do. If you seek fraud, start with who's your mirror."

I have first hand knowledge of what you've been posting in running message boards for 15+ years and first hand knowledge of trying to have written conversations with you. You are right that I don't have firsthand knowledge to the "why", but I call it a good trolling because that's what you do. Every few months, you return to see who you can hook with your particular brand of cheer, commentary, and "information". And it is always... always.... the same stuff.

When I look in the mirror, I see a lot of stuff. Not all good. But that's another topic. This is running. It's just running.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

😄 I got caught as a newbie!

You seem to bang on about not “feeding the troll”.....but post dumb pics and respond every time. Jesus wept. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

So rlopez has run 300+ marathons?...I wouldn’t seriously think that he was ever interested in improving his time by 20%. 

What is his marathon PR?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I can't help myself, I'm like Pavlov's dog

NOT SURE IF TROLLING OR STUPID I Must Not Feed the Trolls I Must Not Feed  the Trolls I Must Not Feed the Trolls I Must Not Feed the Trolls I Must

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

So rlopez has run 300+ marathons?...I wouldn’t seriously think that he was ever interested in improving his time by 20%. 

What is his marathon PR?

You could just ask me instead of talking about me like I'm dead.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Surly Bill - Probably best if you just stick to talking about Skechers running shoes.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

You could just ask me instead of talking about me like I'm dead.

I could, but I didn’t.

Marky_Mark_17

The only factor that matters is that I don't care how fast you run, I can teach anyone to run 20% faster.  

Cool.  So you can teach me to run a new half marathon world record then?

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"