Altitude Training Paces (Read 238 times)

I just want to point out that Ma Junren was discredited after his athletes started testing positive for being part of one of the biggest and most sophisticated state-sponsored doping scandals in history, and that the running universe considers it a travesty that those records are still on the books.

Using "running universe" may be a little strong Smile.

Got the point though.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Altitude doesn't matter; its that the techniques these cultures use can be utilized. And if you were to take them seriously, you'd be running 20% faster.

SJ, seriously, you know that deep down inside your noggin that not everybody can improve 20%, right?

You do realize that some people have figured out how to run at a level of great efficiency, and although there may be some gains that could be made (hypothetically, following your theory), their gains may not be 20%, right?

You do realize that 'altitude does matter' as it relates to the ability to perform?

Or, is it that you truly don't understand.  Truth is, I think you do, deep down in your noggin.

(Truth is, I don't care what you think or how you think, I just wanted to state the obvious, hoping you can hear how silly you sound at times).

But, I will grant you the 'hijack' observation you made.  That's actually what makes me realize that sometimes you use your noggin while othertimes, you don't.  Your stubborness to realize the obvious is what generates the 'hijacking'.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

Using "running universe" may be a little strong Smile.

No way man! They need to have a track meet on the moon. Just imagine the triple jump up there.

Feeling the growl again

sometimes you use your noggin while othertimes, you don't. 

MTA:  Some imagination may be used as this is geared towards physics, but with some replacement of names it is quite relevant.  Especially given the high point values for #14-17, we're knocking it out of the park here.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mikeymike

I just want to point out that Ma Junren was discredited after his athletes started testing positive for being part of one of the biggest and most sophisticated state-sponsored doping scandals in history, and that the running universe considers it a travesty that those records are still on the books.

YOU FECKER!! I WILL BURN THIS MF PLACE TO THE GROUND!!!!!!

Runners run

xhristopher

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Is this how you train or coach? Can you share your successes in getting ppl to run 20% faster using this?  If so, you'll have a line of ppl wanting your help.

That's what many would think, however simply isn't the case at all.

Because most coaches and athletes have the same attitude as those who post the ridiculously stupid pictures here. Since they can't prove me wrong, trying to distract others from taking me serious is the only way to protect their fragile pathetic egos.

That if you tell someone you can teach them to run 20% faster, they'll call you an idiot before asking how you do it.

I don't care how good of an athlete you are currently. If you were born, raised, and trained in this country or any modern shoe wearing culture, the I can easily teach anyone to run 20% faster regardless of competitive level. Not to mention that I have people with PhD's in exercise physiology who would easily tell you that my claim is true, especially since they're running 25% faster after training with me.

Better yet, why don't you find anyone with a real PhD in biomechanics or exercise physiology to prove me wrong. I'll gladly accept any debate. Because if I can't be proven wrong, by definition, I'm right.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xhristopher

Can anyone find a 15 minute 5K guy for sports jester to train? I know there are a lot out there and it's fast enough for Sports Jeter to make them a world record runner. I'd like to see it.

Here's a picture to protect my ego:

Feeling the growl again

Can anyone find a 15 minute 5K guy for sports jester to train?

He doesn't need that.  He claims he can take a 20min 5K runner and make them into a 16min 5K runner practically overnight, yet has provided absolutely no evidence that he has done so and falls back on the excuse that the entire world is too egotistical to let him do it.  The only evidence of coaching he's ever given is some military guy who ran like a 12:30 2-mile.  He should have had him low- or sub-10 by his logic.

This is why I posted the link to the crackpot scoring tool.  We're off the charts here.  In all the years of this nonsense no real evidence has been provided, just claims of being a victim of the world.

MTA:  That ostrich pic is the most appropriate yet.

Prince of Fatness

I can easily teach anyone to run 20% faster regardless of competitive level.

I call bullshit.  Since you cannot prove me wrong, by definition I am right.

Not at it at all. 

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I call bullshit.  Since you cannot prove me wrong, by definition I am right.

No, by definition that I can teach you how to carry 20% of your bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure to do so and you can't, is why your opinion of me is so laughable.

If you can't explain the women of Kenya, then you're a pathetic moron. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

If you don't want to think that learning such a skill would teach you to run 20% faster, then math, not opinion proves your ignorance.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

bhearn

More grist for the jester-o-matic... I need to bring it up to date.

a

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.