Norovirus... (Read 470 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It hit a small college an hour away a few weeks ago. Since then I am seeing reports of it spreading outwards in all directions--partly because students didn't stay put when they were told to, so they brought the virus to their homes...then all the family gatherings during Thanksgiving have encouraged further spread. I just read a report from a friend of mine 30 minutes away. She lives in the community where my DS's school is. Her entire family fell ill this weekend. I feel like it's closing-in on us. We all had it about 5 years ago. I can remember almost to the moment that things got ugly for me. I had been feeling off for about 24 hours, but the shit really hit the fan (literally and figuratively) at about 11:50 PM on New Year's Eve. Thankfully we had made no plans. I lost 8#s overnight...no joke. I was slightly jaundiced and had broken blood vessels on my face once the worst had passed. too. Luckily we didn't all get hit at the same time, as we only have one toilet in our house. The thought of a repeat of this bug truly strikes fear in my heart. In addition to all the other stuff going around this time of year, make sure you wash your hands well. No one wants this garbage. Ever.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yikes! Hope your family can avoid it, Zoom. Good reminder about hand washing.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feco-orally transmitted. That means you get it by coming into contact with something or somebody who is contaminated with feces, and you somehow get that into your mouth. Feco. Oral. Nice, eh? Be careful out there. Wink