Whose job do you want? (Read 823 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Now comes the fun part. I have been completely blown away with everyone's posts today. I find so many of your jobs to be fascinating. Some of you have jobs I didn't know existed. Some of you have jobs I don't understand. Now if you could change jobs with one other person who posted for one week, who would it be? My pick is Crabby, hands down. Why? 1. She's a marine biologist, hella cool. (Big science nerd myself) 2. She lives in Alaska, hella cooler! 3. She gets to dive and wrestle octopi, beyond cool!!! Crabby, want to come to Chicago and play attorney for a week? Wink
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      I think I'm with you on Crabby's job as the one to want for a week, Marcus. Engineers, programmers and lawyers seem to be most prevalent job categories. Never had great math skills, so that'd probably KO engineering and programming. Do find law interesting (I frequently write about legal issues: Mostly criminal court stuff.)
      Lisa3.1

I wouldn't. International Relations was the best job I had. MTA: I also agree that Crabby's job would be fun to do for a few days.
          If it's for a week, I think I'd like to walk in the engineers' shoes. Over the course of my life, I have managed to build a giganto-normous mental block regarding math. I would love to be able to create something (or break something down) and actually understand and be able to explain why, based on the formulas and computations. Yeah, if you look at my job post, you'll see that I work with data, and I consider myself a logical thinker, but dempgraphics, costs, etc. are a different ball game. The engineers just work at a level that is difficult for me to comprehend and appreciate.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

My legs are killing me

I'd like to try mikedickbek's job (submarine radioman) for a week (I think that's all I could take in a sub anyway). I think it would be alot of fun and realy interesting to be apart of the inner workings of a sub.
            Mishka-old log

I'd go with globule. Those suits are freakin rad!
                I'd take Crabby's job, definitely! Big grin

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

I kinda miss being an engineer and it's not just for the enginerd groupies. i miss help create things.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I'd like to try mikedickbek's job (submarine radioman) for a week (I think that's all I could take in a sub anyway). I think it would be alot of fun and realy interesting to be apart of the inner workings of a sub.
                    Think about this....one thing he did NOT bring up is submariners are breathers of recycled farts....the 250 lb slob of a mess cook drops one and it just circulates until the sub surfaces and gets a changeout of air...NOT a great way to live....

My legs are killing me

Think about this....one thing he did NOT bring up is submariners are breathers of recycled farts....the 250 lb slob of a mess cook drops one and it just circulates until the sub surfaces and gets a changeout of air...NOT a great way to live....
                      Ok. I'll take crabby's job then.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'd go with globule. Those suits are freakin rad!
                        When I first started working in cleanrooms, every time I put on a bunnysuit, I felt like that scene in Batman Returns where Bruce Wayne walks into the vault to the sight of all the batsuits and gets geared up. 15 years later, the novelty has definitely worn off. It's really bad when you're kinda sick and/or hung over -- you're breathing a little bit of your recycled air in that facemask, and that's not good.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

Wow...I'll take my job too! The thing about the lawyer job is that I really HATE conflict so I would not be very effective. I would like Zoomer's job because Dane is so cute...ooh and I could live with DID. ...sorry zz its early here! I would love Trent's job or in my next life I will be am engineer! I am encouraging my son/daughter in that direction. I wish I had a lot more time and a little more money! BTW...Alaska needs good doctors, lawyers and engineers if you ever think you want to leave your metropolis
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would like Zoomer's job because Dane is so cute...ooh and I could live with DID. ...sorry zz its early here!
                            Heh, be my guest. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Heh, be my guest. Evil grin
                              Should I stilll call you Zoom Zoom or do you prefer Turd Ferguson...I LOVE that video
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh...Turd. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay