Best sweat-proof sunblocks? (Read 660 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Got a favorite? I've used Coppertone Sport in the past and found that it's not as sweat-proof as they would like to suggest...only had to get it in my eyes once. I've kind of avoided sunscreens while running ever since, but yesterday got a little pinkish on a 2 hour run and tomorrow will be out for 20, which at my slow pace is a solid 3.5 hours, not including potty breaks. I definitely need to start using something, at least from the nose-down and on my neck and shoulders.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I picked up some Body Glide / Sunblock (I think supposed to be SPF 30??). Well it does seem sweatproof but a bit leary using as a sunblock and body glide without having multiple dispensers. Thought of rubbing on your face after applying to feet and/or other chaffing prone areas of the body is not real appealingTongue I guess i have not had enough HTFU moments yet to pull this off!

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that sounds very heavy and waxy. Plus $$/ounce. Yeah, I wouldn't go from feet to face with that, either...ewww.... Dead

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Here was my experience from living several summers on the big island helping to orient Ironman athletes for that little October race: Banana Boat Sport. The stuff in the big orange tube. It won't last forever, but it does a great job for a long time... especially considering the price. Bullfrog is an ok #2. Mind you, I never ever put this stuff on my forehead. I rely on my hat and my tropical genes. More recently, I've been looking for face-specific stuff... but I'd still be leery of having sunblock-infused sweat running into my eyes.

Just a regular girl

Neutrogena oil-free sunblock SPF 30
            mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

No-Ad Sport from nose to toes, with a Dri-Fit hat for the forehead and dome works for me. Cheap and effective.

Imminent Catastrophe

Neutrogena oil-free sunblock SPF 30
                If you need someone to rub lotion on your back, just let me know Jessica Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

but I'd still be leery of having sunblock-infused sweat running into my eyes.
                  Yeah, not something I want to mess with, either. I run with a hat/Headsweats do-rag 100% of the time, so forehead isn't too much of an issue. I also seem to recall that only a very few sunblocks were both effective for UVA/UVB...I seem to recall that Neutrogena was one of 'em (as "Ms. Alba" suggested), but I don't know that Neutrogena makes any sweat-proof formulas, unfortunately.

~ Sarah Kay

Misinformation Officer

Neutrogena has a new sport spf 70 in a silver, short fat tube that is its highest multiray blocker and sweatproof, etc. I used it on my 8+ miler today in 80F, so not really hot out, but it worked really well. Will report more as it heats up here in SC.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Neutrogena has a new sport spf 70 in a silver, short fat tube that is its highest multiray blocker and sweatproof, etc.
                      That sounds perfect...I'll definitely keep my eyes open for that one.

~ Sarah Kay

Misinformation Officer

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=211760&catid=40454 This is what I got at my CVS or Walgreens, I think. Wish I'd seen this first--it's cheaper here.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Banana Boat Sport. The stuff in the big orange tube.
                          +1