Indianapolis Marathon (Read 771 times)

I would propose a better solution to be, rather than allowing your starting QB to play out every game, putting in your development QB when there is adequate lead in order to allow them to get some experience.

I don't know or care much about football though.

That's something I don't understand either.  Though I didn't think much of Painter when he played in college (he still has those happy feet, and he never once had a game winning scoring drive) how would they expect him to improve with no playing time, and very limited snaps in practice?  You can only absorb so much holding a clip board.  

Even when the guy's not playing, he gets a thorough treatment on a marathon thread.  Now that's star power. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

Holding a clipboard forever helped make Jason Garrett the greatest head coach of our era.

Right?

Even when the guy's not playing, he gets a thorough treatment on a marathon thread.  Now that's star power. 

Smile Hey, I didn't start the tangent...

But, I am running the Indy "Monumental" marathon 

Holding a clipboard forever helped make Jason Garrett the greatest head coach of our era.

Right?

Are you talking about Garrett, or are you talking about Romo???  Or both?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

Are you talking about Garrett, or are you talking about Romo???  Or both?

Garrett.  Coach.  I realize we were talking about the transition to starting QB, so Romo is the right match.  But we're x years into the Romo-as-starter experiment... and while he's maddening, he's definitely getting the experience.  But Garrett?  Eh, lots of great head coaches were never great players.  But I'm not thinking he's going to be a great head coach. I could be wrong.

Garrett.  Coach.  I realize we were talking about the transition to starting QB, so Romo is the right match.  But we're x years into the Romo-as-starter experiment... and while he's maddening, he's definitely getting the experience.  But Garrett?  Eh, lots of great head coaches were never great players.  But I'm not thinking he's going to be a great head coach. I could be wrong.

I was thinking of Sean Peyton anyway.  Yes, Romo's transition was a while ago, and I had thought that Garrett was his mentor during his clipboard days.  But, it was Mr. Peyton.

And, yes, I do believe that clipboard players make great clubhouse leaders and coaches.

Life Goals:

xor

I was thinking of Sean Peyton anyway.  Yes, Romo's transition was a while ago, and I had thought that Garrett was his mentor during his clipboard days.  But, it was Mr. Peyton.

And, yes, I do believe that clipboard players make great clubhouse leaders and coaches.

They CAN.  They do not automatically do so.  The jury is still out on Garrett, of course, but I have my doubts. We will see, especially when the chips are (further) down, if things head that way.

But cheer up.

My coach is Pete Carroll.

The QB is not the pawn but more like the Queen right?  I guess it depends on the team.  It seems like Manning might be the King for Indy.  Once taken out the game is over.  Howvever, Brady is very powerful but if taken out of the game someone would step up.  I hope we do not have to test this theory again. 

I think in the case of Brady or Manning you have only one QB but during blowouts they should be putting in the subs.  Now in the case of Denver where they have Orton (right) kind of a bishop type player and Tebow a kind of rook type player they should be putting Tebow in for certain plays. 

BTW - I love chess.  It is a game of great patience and looking 5 moves ahead with a backup plan.  Awesome game.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

They CAN.  They do not automatically do so.  The jury is still out on Garrett, of course, but I have my doubts. We will see, especially when the chips are (further) down, if things head that way.

But cheer up.

My coach is Pete Carroll.

I enjoy baseball. 

Football is too Spartan for me.  I still wonder why an "advanced society" like ours gravitates to such a Spartan sport.... Smile

I don't have any Monday "blues" eventhough I spent an hour or two watching some crappy futball game yesterday.  And, yes, nothing is automatic.

Life Goals:

Smile Hey, I didn't start the tangent...

But, I am running the Indy "Monumental" marathon 

So how do you feel sir?  What time are you shooting for?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

The QB is not the pawn but more like the Queen right? 

Yes, I was speaking more in general stating that the "player" is merely an object within the chess match.

The coach (and their staff) appear to be the real players in the game.  As it relates to Queen, King, Bishops, Rooks, Pawns... Yes, they all have roles.

Life Goals:

Feeling the growl again

I don't understand why college teams can have a dual QB system but the NFL teams are so dependent on a single QB leader that must "carry the team".

(I understand that the talent pool may limit enough great QB's).

Ego and money.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Yup. That theory didn't work so well for Denver and Elway at the end of his prime. Well except those 2 Super Bowl wins.

Don't be a hater.  With the demise of your franchise happening you might want to consider other options.  I knew the day Philly signed Vick and Indy signed Peyton to extensions that they were headed for trouble.  The Pats would be crazy to give Brady another extension no matter what level he is playing at currently.   I think the next big mistake contract maybe that of Mr. Brees.  However, I would not bet against that guy.  Plus he is a little younger than Brady.  Mr. Rogers though I would back up the brinks trucks to keep.  He is only 27.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Brady benefited greatly from playing for a cheater. 

I ran the Indy half the last couple years, but I'm probably going to skip it. I am a little annoyed that I will be in an enclave of road closures at my place. I might also station up along that downhill within the park and drink beer, so I might be there.  

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum