Spectrum 10K PR/PW (Read 1091 times)

Not really a race report, but I figured it's not often you get a PR & a PW the same day. Ran the Spectrum 10K today (an absolutely gorgeous day in southern Utah), and finished in 42:44. Since I have never in my life run a 10K race before, that time represents both a PR and a PW (also finished 2nd M5054).
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      awesome!! how fun is that!? WTG on placing! Big grin I ran my first 10k in Feb and after all of the hm's and the full I've run, it was delightfully short and exhilarating!
      Jennifer mm#1231

Princess Cancer Pants

That's awesome, Don! Sounds like today was a beautiful day for running in lots of places! Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

WTG - congrats!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Dog-Love

Congratulations Don on running your 1st 10K. Its such a great distance! It took me awhile to figure out PW but finally did and I hope you got a medal. PRs are kind of fun too!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Great time! I'm jealous. My goal is to do a 5k in 21 minutes - so doing a 10k in 42 would be amazing!! Extra great considering this was your first 10k. I think it might be a fun distance to run - I have yet to race it.

Michelle

va

Wow, great finishing time and placement! Congrats!

You'll ruin your knees!

Not really a race report, but I figured it's not often you get a PR & a PW the same day. Ran the Spectrum 10K today (an absolutely gorgeous day in southern Utah), and finished in 42:44. Since I have never in my life run a 10K race before, that time represents both a PR and a PW (also finished 2nd M5054).
                  Did you get hardware with the AG placement? Regardless, awesome job! I'd love to think I could get 10K under 43! Not that I would ever do the specific training to give me a chance... Way to go! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

bas

Fantastic! If I ever race a 10k in 42 mins I will count myself *very* lucky! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

I ran my first 10k in Feb and after all of the hm's and the full I've run, it was delightfully short and exhilarating!
                      I agree. It was kinda fun. I'll have to try some more.
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        That's awesome, Don! Sounds like today was a beautiful day for running in lots of places! Smile k
                        Thanks. Yeah, weather was about perfect--sunny and around 55*.
                            Congratulations Don on running your 1st 10K. Its such a great distance! It took me awhile to figure out PW but finally did and I hope you got a medal. PRs are kind of fun too!
                            PRs are always fun. Wish I had could get more of them. No medal, but a plaque.
                              Great time! I'm jealous. My goal is to do a 5k in 21 minutes - so doing a 10k in 42 would be amazing!! Extra great considering this was your first 10k. I think it might be a fun distance to run - I have yet to race it.
                              I'm sure you'll do it. I do think it is a fun distance--not an all-out race like a 5K, with a bit more strategy on the race distance.
                                Wow, great finishing time and placement! Congrats!
                                Thanks! I was not unhappy with it.