I dry-heaved during an interval workout! (Read 1727 times)

Another Passion

Well done Globule. I can see a tidal wave of "Exorcist" race-finish photos in RA's future. Specially from the psycho's dedicated runners in the swamp.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

The best finish line photo, one I have yet to see, is of a hurl perfectly timed with crossing the line.
      ...vomit in a bucket of race chips...

Vim

My stomach usually aches anytime I go under 7 mile/min for over a quarter mile. Didn't you have colon surgery.... dude you're running fast.

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Didn't you have colon surgery
          I had hernia surgery at the beginning of last May. It's easy to confuse it with my colon because I'm always posting about how I nearly crap myself on a regular basis while running.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

The best finish line photo, one I have yet to see, is of a hurl perfectly timed with crossing the line.
            I have done this, but there was no photographer (small 10k). And it wasn't projectile vomiting, but you could tell on my face....
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I hurled rather loudly (and colorfully thanks to too much mustard the night before) right after crossing the line of a 15k. Unfortunately, before the era of ubiquitous finish line pics.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

I barfed from doing squats in the gym about a year ago. This happens quite often at the squat rack.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  My best friend and I ran a 5 mile race when we were in 5th grade. I ran a little to get ready and followed every tidbit of advice my older brother (very talented runner) gave me. We vowed to run it together. I didn't realize he did not do anything to get ready and that he was killing himself trying to keep up. He finally puked at the finish line and yes I have a picture of it. BTW, I regretted our promise to finish together (no winning or losing b/w us). He hurled right in front of us and it splattered all over my shins and I stepped right in it. Big grin
                  2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                  C-R

"Bring me a bucket" Dead

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

uncontrollable

The worst thing for me is that few moments you have to decide "which direction is best?" I like to hang onto something : tree, fence, pole vs. hands on knees stance ... so anyone near a sturdy object at the end of some of my races - look out! "I pity the fool" Big grin

peace

obiebyke

I threw up in my mouth a little at my first race. I was horrified. I think one spectator saw the look on my face, because her eyes widened really big.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I know I've posted this a few times before, but it bears repeating given the context. I ran with a guy in high school who was a really solid 800m runner (PR of about 1:57~1:58). He was a human hurling stopwatch. If he broke 2 minutes, he dry-heaved or hurled. 2:00 or above, and he was heave-free. I swear, we really didn't need to time the guy, we just had to watch to see whether he spewed or not after the race.

Scout7

Worst experience was in HS, during a XC meet. I was in medal position, pushing hard in the last half mile, and felt that all-too-familiar sensation. I kept thinking, "Just hold on for a little bit longer..." But, alas, it wasn't gonna happen. I felt it coming, turned my head to the side and leaned over to start hurling. Unfortunately, I had not perfected this technique, and ended up on my hands and knees, spewing out whatever bile was in my stomach. Of course, while doing so, I get passed by two people. I finish as quick as possible, the whole time thinking "C'mon, hurry up and finish already!" I take off after the other two, managing to catch one but not the other. And subsequently missed out on a medal by one spot. The team won, though, so great.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Worst experience was in HS, during a XC meet.
                              That reminds me of my very first XC race in HS (soph year -- I didn't do XC as a frosh). I missed our team's time-trial, so I it was my first-ever all-out 5k race. I had a wicked case of the dry-heaves about a mile or so into the race. I remember running with my head turned to right, all ready to spew. Fortunately, it kind of died down. Between almost hurling, and having a wicked bout of nervous shits up to about 3 minutes before the gun, I was really wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into with this whole cross-country thing. Sad part for me today is that despite all of the dry-heaving, I was over a minute faster in that first race than I am now. (I was also 40 pounds lighter then; maybe I need to work on that as well as on the dry-heave intervals Tongue )

Lane

I know I've posted this a few times before, but it bears repeating given the context. I ran with a guy in high school who was a really solid 800m runner (PR of about 1:57~1:58). He was a human hurling stopwatch. If he broke 2 minutes, he dry-heaved or hurled. 2:00 or above, and he was heave-free. I swear, we really didn't need to time the guy, we just had to watch to see whether he spewed or not after the race.
                                I used to be so good at the 800 Roll eyes, that I would occasionally throw up before the race Dead