2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks Julia.

Gonna give it a go.  May never have another chance since I seem to be falling apart 

BQ-16   15:58  No math skills.  

Steph--Did you finally break down and decide to run Boston! (not her 1st BQ time)

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Julia1971

Thanks Julia.

Gonna give it a go.  May never have another chance since I seem to be falling apart 

BQ-16   15:58  No math skills.  

Missed your goals somehow.  Smile

Hope everything is holding together.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Julia-

The problem is a pain on the inside of my left knee.  I stubbornly delayed seeing the Dr. thinking I

could work it out with rest etc.  Finally saw a Dr. on Friday.  Depending on the x-ray results I'll either

be referred to physical  therapy or to another Dr.

If I don't DNS the most I can hope for at this point is to just finish.

MTA:  thanks for all of your work on this thread!

steph  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

That is a good thing!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

The problem is a pain on the inside of my left knee.  I stubbornly delayed seeing the Dr. thinking I

could work it out with rest etc.  Finally saw a Dr. on Friday.  Depending on the x-ray results I'll either

I had that several years ago, very stubborn. Of course it could be any number of things, I guess, but in my case it was a tight popliteus muscle (behind the knee) that was tugging on the ligaments. That was a new one for me. I almost didn't believe the PT when she told me, thought she was making up muscle names on the spot.

I look my best blurry!

I had that several years ago, very stubborn. Of course it could be any number of things, I guess, but in my case it was a tight popliteus muscle (behind the knee) that was tugging on the ligaments. That was a new one for me. I almost didn't believe the PT when she told me, thought she was making up muscle names on the spot.

Ha!  Nope that is a real name!  I was wishing my left knee pain was something like that.  I had an MRI last week and have a minor meniscal tear.  I got a cortisone injection. Friday and supposedly should be good to go tomorrow.  I am more nervous about this than fractures that heal completely.  Boston training starts tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

Are we there yet?

Ha!  Nope that is a real name!  I was wishing my left knee pain was something like that.  I had an MRI last week and have a minor meniscal tear.  I got a cortisone injection. Friday and supposedly should be good to go tomorrow.  I am more nervous about this than fractures that heal completely.  Boston training starts tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

I had the same minor tear in my meniscus a few years back. My race plan was to go to the doctor for Cortisone injection on a wed or thurs and race that Sat or Sun. Worked brilliantly until my doctor said he couldn't sign off on it any longer after my 3rd marathon doing this. Turns out the arthroscopic surgery went well but I'd still like a good cortisone shot to the cabeza pre-race.

Julia1971

Julia-

MTA:  thanks for all of your work on this thread!

Hope you got some okay-good news.  Knees are the worst.  If I could go back to my 25 year old self, I would tell her to appreciate her knees.  (And, buy Apple stock)  Smile

Julia1971

Let's see if I can get this link to work.  ICYMI, a video was posted on the BAA website today of close finishes in the women's race of the Boston Marathon.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Let's see if I can get this link to work.  ICYMI, a video was posted on the BAA website today of close finishes in the women's race of the Boston Marathon.

Very cool. So, have the women had more, closer finishes than the men?

Julia1971

Very cool. So, have the women had more, closer finishes than the men?

I don't know.  I was wondering if there'd be a post today about close finishes in the men's race but so far, no dice.

Julia1971

Bumping the thread so those of us in the mid-Atlantic and New England can keep each other entertained over the next few days.

Me?  "They" are predicting up to 30" for us (Washington, DC) so I decided to run long today even though my last long run was just this past Sunday.  I don't have a treadmill at home so I have to rely on the roads/trails and access to my gym.  I doubt I'll be able to run tomorrow and I had my doubts about Sunday, too.  It was cold and I was pretty tired but I got it done.  W00t!

I trained for my first marathon during "Snowpocalypse" so I'm hopeful I can rally again.

runnershawn

Bumping the thread so those of us in the mid-Atlantic and New England can keep each other entertained over the next few days.

Me?  "They" are predicting up to 30" for us (Washington, DC) so I decided to run long today even though my last long run was just this past Sunday.  I don't have a treadmill at home so I have to rely on the roads/trails and access to my gym.  I doubt I'll be able to run tomorrow and I had my doubts about Sunday, too.  It was cold and I was pretty tired but I got it done.  W00t!

I trained for my first marathon during "Snowpocalypse" so I'm hopeful I can rally again.

Well the positive is last 7 days stat!!

Julia1971

Well the positive is last 7 days stat!!

You're right!  And, I didn't realize I took last Saturday off for some reason...  74 miles for the week.  Sweet!

Sjpcollins

First time Boston entrant here, flying in from the UK on the Friday. Who else will be about that week ? Also any tips from those that have run this in the past ?

Massively behind schedule in my training due to a stress fracture, which caused me to miss ten weeks at the end of 2015.  Covered 51 miles last week aiming for 60 this week.

I'm on smashrun and garmin connect as SJPC14 , oh and Twitter Smile