Flu shot heresy (Read 2156 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Macs have herd immunity

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Saturday, my DH packed the backpack with toys and reading material and threw the kids and I in the car and we drove to the other side of town to get the kids their H1N1s.  We were planning to just get them for the kids since technically we are not in the higher risk group, but the health care worker told me to get it too. In her words, "you're here we  have supplies and who is going to take care of your kids if you get sick?" 

It made me wonder about the "guidelines" for this mass vaccination.  There certainly seems to be room for

interpretation and implementation.

On a side note, I had the best fish burritos for lunch I have ever had in my entire life at the little restaurant across the street from the clinic. Plus, I was invited back that night for the restaurant's Keroke night. I guess my Spanglish is more impressive than I thought.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Our school system just sent an e-mail that they have started receiving the H1N1 vaccine earlier than they expected, so they will start vaccinating the high school kids on Wednesday, a week earlier than previously scheduled.  The younger kids will still have to wait for the clinic, because parents have to be present for them to receive a shot.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Another message board I frequent

You?  A Redskins fan?

Wow.

Don't tell anybody.

Wink

undue monkey

xor

Macs have herd immunity

Ooooooo.  Nice.

Best Present Ever

Our school system just sent an e-mail that they have started receiving the H1N1 vaccine earlier than they expected, so they will start vaccinating the high school kids on Wednesday, a week earlier than previously scheduled.  The younger kids will still have to wait for the clinic, because parents have to be present for them to receive a shot.

Funny, here they're banning parents from the elementary schools, for fear we'll gum up the works.  It's probably a moot point anyway -- my little guy (almost 6)  has a fever of 103+ and upper respiratory sx.  Earlier today, he pathetically asked me to carry him downstairs so he could ride his bike.  I decided that wasn't a moment for logical discussion, and carried him downstairs where he found sitting up at the table for a snack too taxing, and asked to be carried to the couch.  (Usually, he runs at full speed everywhere.  Asking to be carried is a clear sign that something is wrong). 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Kathryn, I hope he recovers quickly!  It's hard to see them sick when they're that little.  I hope he can ride his bike again soon!  (DD11 shares your name - same spelling, after my piano teacher.)

I look my best blurry!

I am a PT and doctor's wife.  We are paying to have our family vaccinated against H1N1 and the seasonal flu.  If you think your are at more risk getting the vaccine, skip it.  That means there is more for the rest of us.   And by the way, all the people who deny that being overweight and smoking are problems keep pigging out and puffing away.  Those are the people who are keeping us in business!

Go Steelers!!!

Best Present Ever

Kathryn, I hope he recovers quickly!  It's hard to see them sick when they're that little.  I hope he can ride his bike again soon!  (DD11 shares your name - same spelling, after my piano teacher.)

Thanks!  He's not got a fever this morning  with no ibuprofen on board and is much perkier, though I expect he'll feel worse later today.  He was very careful to say that even though he feels better, he was too sick to go to school.  My mother named me after someone she knew because she liked the spelling.  I assume that's your 11-year-old daughter, not your 11th daughter??  If the later, you *really* have my respect!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks!  He's not got a fever this morning  with no ibuprofen on board and is much perkier, though I expect he'll feel worse later today.  He was very careful to say that even though he feels better, he was too sick to go to school.  My mother named me after someone she knew because she liked the spelling.  I assume that's your 11-year-old daughter, not your 11th daughter??  If the later, you *really* have my respect!

LOL, she's 11!  I wanted to call her "Katy," because that was my grandmother's given name.  My grandmother WAS the 11th child in her family!  The only one who went to college.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL, she's 11!  I wanted to call her "Katy," because that was my grandmother's given name.

DH's paternal grandma is a Kathryn/Katy. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

i sacrificed the gift

I'm wearing a paper face mask on halloween with a pig's snout painted on it.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                            Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                            Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Make sure to wear wings too.

Swine Flew.

Best Present Ever

LOL, she's 11!  I wanted to call her "Katy," because that was my grandmother's given name.  My grandmother WAS the 11th child in her family!  The only one who went to college.

Funny the fashion in names.  When I was a kid, I was "Kathy,"  which was common. and Kate old-fashioned.  Now you hardly ever hear that among women younger than me (40-44 age group!), and girls are some variation of Kate or Katy.