Flu shot heresy (Read 2156 times)

mikeymike

Just got an email from the school district, the upshot of which was, "H1N1 is widespread, there will be no vaccine until November so good luck with that.  Cough in your sleeve, wash your hands and if your kids have a fever of 100.4 or higher keep them home."

Sweet, thanks.

Runners run

My daughter was just sent home from school today with a case of the flu....not sure which kind.  Seems to be mild.  Call the Pediatrician and their response was rest, fluid and if she starts having issues with her breathing to take her to the ER.  They don't want to see her.

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Imminent Catastrophe

source: CDC

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yesterday I heard that we have already exceeded the average # of deaths for a FULL season of seasonal flu.  And that shit hasn't even started.  I'm thinking hermits are on the right track...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I am hearing rumors that there will be a clinic in my area this weekend.  So my guests first day here we will spend it in line at the flu clinic.  My guess is at least one of my guests will be rabidly anti-vaccine, judging from the past.  Although they did cave when my son was hospitalized for RSV and I told them in no uncertain terms that unvaccinated people were not visiting me that winter.   I had to fire my babysitter because her parents wouldnt vaccinate her.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am hearing rumors that there will be a clinic in my area this weekend.  So my guests first day here we will spend it in line at the flu clinic.  My guess is at least one of my guests will be rabidly anti-vaccine, judging from the past.  Although they did cave when my son was hospitalized for RSV and I told them in no uncertain terms that unvaccinated people were not visiting me that winter.   I had to fire my babysitter because her parents wouldnt vaccinate her.

Sheesh.  Well, the race for this year's Darwin Awards should be pretty competitive.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Sheesh.  Well, the race for this year's Darwin Awards should be pretty competitive.

The preggo in my office says she isn't getting the flu shots because she takes vitamins and so it isn't necessary. 

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                ymmv

The preggo in my office says she isn't getting the flu shots because she takes vitamins and so it isn't necessary. 

she likely has an equally amusing reason why she got preggo

Menace to Sobriety

Who is her doctor, Tom Cruise or Jenny McCarthy?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A Saucy Wench

Damn. The manufacturer of those vitamins should let that be known - it would be worth a FORTUNE!!!  I bet she never gets colds either. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Taking twins to get the first of the two shots for H1N1 this Saturday! I'll get my shot when we go up for the second shot Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Funny the fashion in names.  When I was a kid, I was "Kathy,"  which was common. and Kate old-fashioned.  Now you hardly ever hear that among women younger than me (40-44 age group!), and girls are some variation of Kate or Katy. 

My Kathryn prefers Kate or Kat though I still call her Katie lol. No offense but I CAN"T stand the name Cathy (not sure why)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Best Present Ever

My Kathryn prefers Kate or Kat though I still call her Katie lol. No offense but I CAN"T stand the name Cathy (not sure why)

Neither can I.  Only very elderly aunts dare call me Kathy these days. 

xor

It's that damned cartoon.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mine actually goes by "Katy Dawn" a lot of the time, since there are several other Katys in her grade.  It must be a southern thing, because the northerners up here can't figure it out!