Lousy Kids (Read 856 times)

Maggie & Molly

definately keep running - most of the kids now can't run a mile never mind 5.... They've never actually run with me but they have said things (usually the Ipod is on so I don't hear) but idiots in cars, now that's another story. close calls, hoots and hollars - get a life....

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Typically the kids in my neighborhood keep to themselves other than the few "Run Forrest!!" comments when I'm out for a run. I did have one kid, about the same age as these taunt me when I was coming back from a bike ride. He wanted to race up a hill. Maybe I shouldn't have, but it was near the end of my ride so I taunted back and then soon had to look over my shoulder at him and he quieted right down. No harm, no foul...perhaps next time he'll be more prepared for a ride (and I don't even consider myself a strong rider).

...---...

I don't have an iPod, so I guess I can't beat them, as fun as the idea of violence sounds.
        That leaves pepper spray! If you invite them to run along, they'll ditch you and start throwing rocks or something. Next time lead them over a asian style tiger trap (you'll have to dig it and conceal it first). Put snakes in the botton...maybe a rabid racoon. Have fun with it, get creative. Disclaimer: just kidding.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

The best way to prevent people like that from getting under your skin is to cultivate a quiet but huge sense of superiority. An ego so big that no one can perturb it. Big grin
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

definately keep running - most of the kids now can't run a mile never mind 5.... They've never actually run with me but they have said things (usually the Ipod is on so I don't hear) but idiots in cars, now that's another story. close calls, hoots and hollars - get a life....
            Ditto.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

chrimbler

I agree with the snot rocket Big grin ...but then follow it closely with that 'gas bubble' you'd been trying to keep in until the end of the run!! Tight lipped
              Run like you stole it!

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I had a kid from the local high school start running behind me at about the 2 mile point. Didn't say anything just kept up with me. I moved over and got even with him and told him it isn't going to be that easy if you want to run with me. Then I told him it's 1 minute all out 2 minutes light jog starting now and please don't slow me down. I had to give him credit he kept going for 4 miles before stopping. But by mile 3 he was talking and actually tring to be nice. Just remember they are kids, I remember being a kid, and not very smart, although I thought I was.
                  That leaves pepper spray! If you invite them to run along, they'll ditch you and start throwing rocks or something. Next time lead them over a asian style tiger trap (you'll have to dig it and conceal it first). Put snakes in the botton...maybe a rabid racoon. Have fun with it, get creative. Disclaimer: just kidding.
                  A tiger trap in the road could take care of a few things... that loud bike that cruises up and down the road at 12:00am would be taken out too! Hmmm, maybe I just need to move? Thanks for all the suggestions... they helped work out the festering anger that was left over this morning.

-------------------------------------
                  5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                  10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                  1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                  Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Either ignore them or as somoene else suggested, taunt along with them. Don't get defensive, don't get fresh etc, because if they know they get to you, then they'll do it everytime they see you. And for heaven's sake don't do somethin like pepper spray or a snot on them. You could find yourself on the wrong side of the law and these days people are "SUE" happy as well.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Queen of 3rd Place

Just wanted to add that you don't need to speed up. The same thing happened to me, they were teasing me 'cause I'm slow, and I just smiled and suggested they come along. "This is so easy", they said...at first. Now, it's true, I'm slow, but these kids didn't even last a mile. Kinda sad. Arla

Ex runner

Hawt and sexy

I have had a 12 yo kid chase me with a metal rod, so i carry pepper spray. Running more than a mile usually drops most kids anyway.

I'm touching your pants.

Just Be

I have had a 12 yo kid chase me with a metal rod, so i carry pepper spray. Running more than a mile usually drops most kids anyway.
                          Wow! Shocked That must've been scary! What'd you do?
                            I run a figure 8 loop in my neighborhood about 2 x a week in Spring and Summer and there are 120 kids in the 4 block area almost all are 3-13 yrs. They cheer me on as I make the 1.25 mile loop 4 or 5 times Big grin however some of them know me so that makes all the difference. Cool Once a toddler was out in the driveway and asked his young father why I was running and Dad replied "oh he's not running he just jogging" Embarrassed That one hurt! Black eye Another time a neighbors 5 year old grandson yelled at me to slow down cause I'm way ahead, yeah at least he thought I was winning. Big grin I've taken cool down walks and gone back to talk with the kids about Little League etc. I even recruited one for the middle school cross country team last fall ( I'm not a coach or anything but I do go volunteer at meets). I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood with lots of kids and they love to play outside even in the winter, I think that's kinda rare these days. Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Hawt and sexy

Well, there were 2 of them. One looked to be only 4 though. I stopped, turned around and told them that if they kept it up I would turn them over my knee like their parents should have. They ran away. The next day I reported the problem to the cops and informed them I would now carry pepper spray. The cops knew what house the kids lived at before I even told them the address. i have not seen the 12 yo since, but I still carry pepper spray in case the girl finds out where the parents keep the guns.

I'm touching your pants.

Gig

I think if I had something like what you experienced happen, I'd invite them to run with me. I'd be as friendly as I could be doing it. Then I'd run them into the ground. But I like the snot rocket idea. Yes