I ran to the next town! =D (Read 240 times)

SheCan

For my Saturday long run I ran 8.45 miles, following my usual gravel road from one end to the other, all the way to the next town over and back again!  I set that goal for myself about a year ago, when I looked at a map to see how far the road went.  Also, over the last few weeks, my long run pace seems to have gone from Amazingly Pokey (15:00) to Not Bad For A Fat Girl (13:30), which is pretty darn cool as well.  I am very happy.

How super cool is that!  What an awesome milestone.

I laughed really hard at your names for your paces; think I need to make some names like that for mine, since we seem to be in the same boat right about now!

And Honeypig I laughed when i saw your nickname too!  How cute!  Makes me wanna go "oh roo roooooo!"

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Gator eye

Hey now!  Look what you can do....you should be happy.  You should be darn well pleased with yourself. Congrats. Looks like you're going to crush your monthly mileage trend in April as well.  Clap, clap!

What I notice is that the brand of beer cans changes in various towns as you go along....

I ve been noticing this also, bud light for a mile then change over to miller then to PBR, there is even a stretch that has a bunch of small vodka bottles in the ditch. It's almost like the same people throw the same empties out just about the same place day after day. Creatures of habit.