Anyone here wear Mizunos? (Read 1176 times)

Finished!

I happened across a running shop today and *had* to go in for a look. I asked them about average lifespan on Mizunos (the kind of shoe I currently wear, which may or may not have been a contributing factor to my injury) - I didn't think the shoes were worn out (and I'm not convinced they are yet) at a measly 210 miles....but the running shop indicated that Mizunos seem to trend towards the shorter lifespan... Anyone here have experience to support or deny the claim? And yes, I know everyones mileage may vary Wink
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    mikeymike

Yup. My sister, who manages a running specialty store, is a big fan and has tried to get me into Mizunos for ever. I can't stand them. I do not have a Mizuno foot and they always feel dead after just a couple hundred miles. Not for me.

Runners run

I've worn the Mizuno WaveRiders, and they definitely don't last as long as my Asics Cumulus - and they cost more than the Cumulus!
          I had a similar experience with the Wave Runner 9's -- they seemed to lose their stuff by 300 miles, maybe sooner. They weren't a bad pair of shoes, but they weren't impressive enough for me to try a second pair given the shorter lifespan.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I wear Wave Riders - and my last pair lasted aboout 250 miles. I absolutely loved them though! Lite weight, lots of toe room, good fit for me. I got another pair about a month ago.
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Finished!

I currently wear Wave Rider 9s...I have a 2nd pair waiting in the wings to be rotated in, but I think I'll be bringing them in sooner rather than later, especially seeing as I had issues with shin splints that took me out of running for over 3 months....I still dont know for sure if it was the shoes, as the shin splints just appeared one day and wouldn't go away even after trying the new pair of shoes. Ah well, maybe I need to hunt for a more durable pair of shoes...Thanks, everyone, for letting me know your experiences Smile
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                I've worn Mizuno's for the past year or so. They definitely don't last as long as my Saucony's did. About 250 miles and that's about it. I love them though. They fit my foot perfectly. I have to replace them more often but so far I haven't found another shoe that I liked as well as my Wave Elixers. Teresa
                Scout7

I've put over 400 miles on my Mizunos, and only now am I starting to feel that they need to be swapped out. I had an issue with Brooks where I did maybe 200, and they would just cause my feet pain while running.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I have 250 mi on my Mizuno Wave Alchemy's (with Dr Scholl orthodic) and they are almost worn out. I bought a pair of Saucony Progrid Guides at DSW and have about 50 mi on them, and they are showing the wear. I also think they induced shin splints in my right leg. Am still trying to figure it out since the splints came on suddenly after about 25 mi in the Saucony's. I'm trading on and off with the Mizuno's until they are completly worn out.

bob e v
                    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Slo

Here's a quick read about rotating running shoes. This isn't the 1st time I've heard the argument either that rotating thru different types.....stability, nuetral, etc can help prevent injuries. http://mysite.verizon.net/jim2wr/id191.html Currently I have 3 pair in the line up. All 3 different brands.
                        i get about 300 from my mizuno's. the lighter weight elixirs go first, the heavier inspires can go a little longer (maybe 350). rotating thru a couple pairs seems to help a bit. depends a lot on where you run too - gravel trails rip the soles up pretty fast, especially the elixirs. but that's probably true for most road shoes.
                        - the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com
                          Inspire wearer. 2 pair with 800 miles 1 pair with 400 1 pair with 150

Just Happy to Run

Currently I have 3 pair in the line up. All 3 different brands.
                            I do exactly that. 3 different brands and 3 different levels of cushioning. Started doing that a while back on the recommendation of my ex-father-in-law who's a podiatrist.
                            Jason

2010 Goals
                            • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                            abumgardner

I love the Wave Riders. My last pair (Wave Rider 10's) I put 450 miles on before replacing, however I am a relatively light runner at 130lbs. I now run in the 11's and though the fit is slightly different they are still my favorite shoe.
                                have been using wave creations thru all my running career of 5 years :P