Friggin' Murphy's Law! (Read 779 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My Garmie is on a truck for delivery TODAY and I am sicker than a dog (lung bug...I'm drowning in my own sputum). Between the virus and the holiday I likely won't be able to run until Fri., at the earliest... Cry Angry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You should take it out for a walk.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's very tempting...the sun is shining and it's gorgeous (of course I couldn't be sick when the weather is utter crap, could I?). Though I think FedEx usually is in our neighborhood pretty late in the afternoon and it gets dark around 5:30. How long does that baby take to charge? I think my lungs could handle a walk around the block, at least. k

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

This gives you two complete days to read the instruction manual. Evil grin

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This gives you two complete days to read the instruction manual. Evil grin
            Yeah, and I am a pretty die-hard RTFM kinda gal. While I waited for our little Mazda to ship from Japan I downloaded a PDF of the manual and read it cover-to-cover. Did the same thing before I used my first digital SLR, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

It states 3 hours in the manual; mine took about 60-90 minutes or so to charge.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It states 3 hours in the manual; mine took about 60-90 minutes or so to charge.
                Ahhh...I wouldn't be able to use it today, anyhow. I hope I'm feeling better by tomorrow--I should probably take it easy, though. Last time I had a bug like this I overdid it as soon as I *thought* I was on the recovery end and managed to spend our anniversary in the ER for a breathing treatment--ended up with bronchitis, pneumonia, and a raging sinus infection (and better health though chemistry with multiple scripts). Not something I am eager to repeat. k

~ Sarah Kay

My 305 worked right out of the box. I did not charge it. I usually just skim manuals. I am not one to read manuals unless I can't get the basic features down. One benefit of doing this is that sometimes you find a feature you never knew about down the road and this features gives your device somewhat of a second wind Cool.

Vim

My 305 worked right out of the box. I did not charge it.
                    I'm sure that mine would have, but since I wasn't going to use it right away and the manual said to charge it I went ahead and followed the directions.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Once I stopped smiling ear to ear from the shock of actually having a Garmin, I found the section of the book about having to charge it and promptly hooked it up. If it weren't for the fact of how expensive it was and how I had no idea of how to use it I would have just winged it and did my best to figure it out for the basic features. But my impatience wouldn't stand for that. Blush I still have yet to read the entire book...which is probably why I still don't understand all of the features!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah...it's still not here. My geek quotient is dropping with every minute that passes. *sigh* I feel the coolness creeping in and this just isn't right. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Gah...it's still not here. My geek quotient is dropping with every minute that passes. *sigh* I feel the coolness creeping in and this just isn't right. Tongue
                          Big grin My husband prefers the term Running Dork, but since I can no longer hear the word "dork" with giggling, he's resorted to calling me a Running Nerd every time I wear my Garmin.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin My husband prefers the term Running Dork, but since I can no longer hear the word "dork" with giggling, he's resorted to calling me a Running Nerd every time I wear my Garmin.
                            Nerds are cool. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha...how did I miss this? I just checked the tracking and found this...I've been home all day...those sneaky bastards: 11:43 AM Delivered Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized I was probably going potty... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Ha...how did I miss this? I just checked the tracking and found this...I've been home all day...those sneaky bastards: 11:43 AM Delivered Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized I was probably going potty... Tongue
                                Damn! Go figure.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson