Why Is the Republican Field So Extreme? (Read 2137 times)

Lazy idiot

This is getting fun.

Tick tock

I was talking about Rick Perry.  "A firm believer in intelligent design", btw.

Is this being cited as proof of nuts?

Feeling the growl again

Well, I assume when people are talking about the economy they are talking about the moral problem of the disappearing middle class and the unavailability of dignified work. That's why the economy matters.

Yeah, I know I'm something of a crackpot, and I definitely know you don't agree with me. 

Still intent on imagining insults where there are none, I see. This is why I just need to be an ass with you, I can't win for losing. Now if you got your head out of your philosophy books and spent some time in tje real world you'd see that tje average American right now does not give a damn about tje morality of it all. They just want the problems addressed. Funny you mentioned dignified work. I know out is above a liberal to get their hands dirty doing some honest labor for market value. They might have to work their easy up to benefits and easier gate based on merit rather than entitlement.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

So you are getting smart phones from the government now so you can post on RA. Excellent.

Define not phony? Since Big O seems to have given one vision of himself in the general election and certainly has not followed-up after being elected. That seems phony to me. Generally politicians tell you what you want to hear to get your vote. They are designed to be chameleons? No? So what level of phony is ok with you?

Are you being a dick on purpose?

You asked him this: >> What kind of Republican candidate would get you inspired (be specific now)

He said this:  >> I'd like one who is not a phony.

Granted, that is not specific. So now you come back with an Obama trashing. (edit: you did not trash; it is a reasonable view... but...  RED HERRING).

This is why threads like this go shithouse. 

FOR THE RECORD: I am not calling you a dick because that would be a personal attack.  Sincerely.  But I am saying that your tactic here was full of dickery.

Don't you kids make me pull out the H-bomb again.

Why is it sideways?

Still intent on imagining insults where there are none, I see. This is why I just need to be an ass with you, I can't win for losing. Now if you got your head out of your philosophy books and spent some time in tje real world you'd see that tje average American right now does not give a damn about tje morality of it all. They just want the problems addressed. Funny you mentioned dignified work. I know out is above a liberal to get their hands dirty doing some honest labor for market value. They might have to work their easy up to benefits and easier gate based on merit rather than entitlement.

Is this a parody? (I do actually think that I'm a bit of a crackpot. Only a crackpot would believe in useless pursuits like philosophy.)

Oh, and on Honest Work.

xor

Is this being cited as proof of nuts?

Sigh. 

Sure.

Whatever.  Yes, I think that intelligent design is nuts.

Ok?  My opinion is that he is nuts and that is a piece of information that supports it in my mind.  You asked me why *I* think he's nuts.

No need to get all flabbergastedy on me.

C-R

Are you being a dick on purpose?

You asked him this: >> What kind of Republican candidate would get you inspired (be specific now)

He said this:  >> I'd like one who is not a phony.

Granted, that is not specific. So now you come back with an Obama trashing.  RED HERRING.

This is why threads like this go shithouse. 

Pump your brakes there zippy and save the insults for another forum ok. Dick indeed? 

I asked a specific question to which I provided support with the current incarnation of leader. Let's see if I can go back a bit - 

Promise- close Guantanomo because its against our ideals (and inferred as his) - action - none

Promise - Leave Afghansitan since it wasn't working - Action - add 30,000 troops

Promise - Provide government transparency (since he believes in open debate) - Action - Obamacare handled in backrooms, FOIA to get info on WH visitors, etc. etc. - basically business as usual (both parties do this).

So no RED HERRING!

Also, You never specifically answered my questions with anything other than one comment on intelligent design and nothing on the bullying. So one point makes a trend and relegates someone to the "nuts" of the world and someone is a bully because of .......

So either answer and engage or provide some more witty Harry Potter score counts for us.

MTA: I just noted you comment about the name calling. I'm glad you clarified but that is one hell of a way to get things spinning into outer space.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Is this a parody? (I do actually think that I'm a bit of a crackpot. Only a crackpot would believe in useless pursuits like philosophy.)

Oh, and on Honest Work.

Of course it's a parody. You just demonstrated again that anything else would be a waste of my time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hey, nice marmot!

full of dickery.

I think this thread has just transitioned from extreme to XTREME.

Well done, sir.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Lazy idiot

Define not phony? Since Big O seems to have given one vision of himself in the general election and certainly has not followed-up after being elected. That seems phony to me. Generally politicians tell you what you want to hear to get your vote. They are designed to be chameleons? No? So what level of phony is ok with you?

I am not defending or attacking the current president (or the author of the above post, who I rather like in real life despite or because of his political leanings) in regards to an inability to follow through, but doesn't this happen with every candidate?  And not always on purpose, I'd suspect.  It's not like a hypothetical president of any political persuasion can just flip a switch and bend the country to his will.  It takes a legislative branch, the rest of the executive branch, and a judicial branch to govern and affect change (not necessarily change in the perjorative manner).

I know many Americans vote for a dude or dudette because they think (hope?  again... not in the perjorative) that whatever spews out of their mouth during a campaign is actually going to happen, but how often does one person actually leave office with his/her entire to-do list checked off?

Again, I'm just kind of thinking out loud.  A President of the United States is the supposed leader of the free world, but is it really a "think/say it and it happens" kind of power?  I dunno...

Tick tock

xor

Pump your brakes there zippy and save the insults for another forum ok. Dick indeed? 

I asked a specific question to which I provided support with the current incarnation of leader. Let's see if I can go back a bit - 

Promise- close Guantanomo because its against our ideals (and inferred as his) - action - none

Promise - Leave Afghansitan since it wasn't working - Action - add 30,000 troops

Promise - Provide government transparency (since he believes in open debate) - Action - Obamacare handled in backrooms, FOIA to get info on WH visitors, etc. etc. - basically business as usual (both parties do this).

So no RED HERRING!

Also, You never specifically answered my questions with anything other than one comment on intelligent design and nothing on the bullying. So one point makes a trend and relegates someone to the "nuts" of the world and someone is a bully because of .......

So either answer and engage or provide some more witty Harry Potter score counts for us.

You asked him a direct question about Republican candidates in an effort to rope-a-dope him with stuff about the Democratic president.

And in this follow up, you continue to pull up (reasonable? perhaps) stuff about Obama which still has nothing to do with the question you asked him.

I admit that I didn't really address the Rick Perry question.  I choose not to play.

I think that intelligent design is nuts.

I disagree.

I think intelligent design is just wrong.  Why?  Because the theory purports intelligent design was used to create bozos who argue on message boards. 

Therefore the whole premise seems wacko. 

(caution:  the above was NOT supposed to be a slam on SRL)

Why is it sideways?

Of course it's a parody. You just demonstrated again that anything else would be a waste of my time.

I seriously did not mean to piss you off by calling myself a crackpot. (And now I realize that you used that term in the SJ thread, which I did not intend to invoke, so maybe that's what made you upset.) 

I believe we are now officially off the rails! It's Friday!